Hi All,

How do I trigger a Client-Action after I've selected a value from a DropDown widget?

This is for Reactive Web Apps.

Thanks.

Olivier Levine wrote:

Hi All,

How do I trigger a Client-Action after I've selected a value from a DropDown widget?

Thanks.

Hi Oliver you can use the On Change event of the widget, you click there and click in "New Client Action" and inside the created action you create the logic you need

Olivier Levine wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks.

Hi Oliver,

Please see below

Hi Salman - can you show me the Dropdown1OnChange event, what does that need to look like once I declare it?  I set it but I cannot seem to call the value in another screen in a Reactive web app.

Peter Goyal wrote:

Hi Salman - can you show me the Dropdown1OnChange event, what does that need to look like once I declare it?  I set it but I cannot seem to call the value in another screen in a Reactive web app.

Hi

I just show you how you can call cilent action from dropdown change.

what you want to perform when dropdown change?

Peter Goyal wrote:

The onchange Listener can be declared only in the same screen or same web-block, the same way salman has shown

I didn't get this part:
 I set it but I cannot seem to call the value in another screen in a Reactive web app.

Incase your dropdown is under the web-block then you can use notify-event to send the same to parent-screen.

Salman Ansari wrote:

Peter Goyal wrote:

Hi

I want to save the variable and call it in further screens.

Hi there 

You can use Client variable to persist the value & use it across any screen.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Data/Handling_Data/Client_Variable

Peter Goyal wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Peter Goyal wrote:

Hi

I want to save the variable and call it in further screens.

Hi Peter,

You can use Client variable as Asif suggested.

OR

You can do like below that will hold dropdown selected value and pass in second screen.