Reuse Action for Multiple Links

I have a screen in which there are many links for different actions, all of them are simple assigns, and I want a practical way to simplify having a different action for each link.

Is it possible to have 1 action, and inside of it having some sort of IF/Case that would know from where the action was called?

Having 50 actions in a screen for such simple flows seems inappropriate, and that it could affect performance, since I do not know if this is really a bad thing I ask how much of a difference it makes for the platform and compiled code.

Hi Gama,

You could group all of those actions into a single one, though I don't think there would be a lot of gain in having a huge switch or a large if chain inside one action.

Performance-wise I've never seen a screen suffering from having too many actions - what usually matters is what happens inside those actions. Reading over, it sounds like there's too much functionality in one screen. What is it responsible for? Would it be possible to split it into different screens?

Solution
Processing Upload...

Gama wrote:

I have a screen in which there are many links for different actions, all of them are simple assigns, and I want a practical way to simplify having a different action for each link.

Is it possible to have 1 action, and inside of it having some sort of IF/Case that would know from where the action was called?

Having 50 actions in a screen for such simple flows seems inappropriate, and that it could affect performance, since I do not know if this is really a bad thing I ask how much of a difference it makes for the platform and compiled code.

Hi Gama you can do link in the pic and check the oml to check what you need

Solution

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Gama,

You could group all of those actions into a single one, though I don't think there would be a lot of gain in having a huge switch or a large if chain inside one action.

Performance-wise I've never seen a screen suffering from having too many actions - what usually matters is what happens inside those actions. Reading over, it sounds like there's too much functionality in one screen. What is it responsible for? Would it be possible to split it into different screens?

Good to know that both options have no bad impact on performance, if so I will prefer the more organized one.

If only there was a way to collapse all the actions into a folder, there would be no need for this question I guess. But if a screen has more than 10-20 actions for such small flows, it is not practical.

I prefer the switch option because I can see almost every branch in an action flow screen, and it is more practical to get my actions organized.