master detail screen - can I use that also for adding new data

Hello, 

I like the master detail screen a lot for a reactive app I try to write.

But I wonder because I need for example a customerId to show the detail screen , if there is a way I can use it also for if a want to add a new customer. So if I press the new customer button instead of the data of a customer a form is displayed and when I save it , the record gets added to the master part. 

Regards, 

Roelof

Hi,

Have you gone through the below learning course:

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/courses/114/developing-web-apps-outsystems-11/

It's very simple, when you press the new customer button you should send null identifies as customerId and then you fill have blank form.

Rgeards,

Manish Jawla 

Nope, 

I did the reactive one  and there the nullindentifier is used to display a message to click on a person to display it.

But I was thinking I could do this : 

on a new entry set the variable to zero. 

then a check if its a zero ,

if so, then display the form to enter a new customer 

if no . check for the null indentifier 

if its true , then display the message to click to choose a customer 

if its false, display the data for the chosen customer. 

I will play and experiment with this idea tomorrow. 

Roelof Wobben wrote:

Hello, 

I like the master detail screen a lot for a reactive app I try to write.

But I wonder because I need for example a customerId to show the detail screen , if there is a way I can use it also for if a want to add a new customer. So if I press the new customer button instead of the data of a customer a form is displayed and when I save it , the record gets added to the master part. 

Regards, 

Roelof

Hi Roelof, I suggest you follow the Developer path as Manish suggested, this is very easy and basic if you follow the Outsystems course

Anyway to help you, I attached and oml if an example of that, just open and check what you need

Hope I could help you