Acceptance to production user data updation with single button

Hi All,

We have acceptance and production environment. both are used by our users. Hence we need to keep updating from one environment to other keeping both in sync.

Now my requirement is, I want to have a button beside each field, which on selecting it should update in other environment also.

Please help me with this

What I would do is create a set of API's that allow updating the information in the selected screen. You can't manipulate the data in either database directly so you are going to need something like REST to do the job. 

Why do you have this requirement btw? It's not normal to have a Accept environment with live and actual data. Sometimes you see a refresh of acc with prod data but both having the same data is not something I encountered before. 

Vincent Koning wrote:

What I would do is create a set of API's that allow updating the information in the selected screen. You can't manipulate the data in either database directly so you are going to need something like REST to do the job. 

Why do you have this requirement btw? It's not normal to have a Accept environment with live and actual data. Sometimes you see a refresh of acc with prod data but both having the same data is not something I encountered before. 

Actually, we want to do it for backoffice. In simple words I need to update certain fields in both the environment at the same time.

For example, if I add username in acceptance and select save.. It should be saved in acceptance and in production as well.

So save action should have capacity to save username in both acceptance as well as in prod.

CAn you suggest me more on API's as it is completely new to work on APIs so.

Regards,

Ankita

Hi Ankita,

I have added some instructions below in very high level. Please see the following screenshots.

We will need to create an API (in a separate component) that an create users. For this you need to create an Exposing REST action as shown above.

In your base application you can now add to 2 Consuming REST applications. One for Prod and one for Test. I like to do it this way so I have one method to do the same thing. This makes maintaining and debugging the code easier. 

The last step is changing the Integration URL's to the correct location in Service Center. Open the module in ServiceCenter, go to the Integrations Tab and change the URL's as shown below;

When you have implemented all these steps you can then call the method AddUsers (2nd step) and this will then create 2 users, one in Prod, one in Test. 

I hope this helps you,

Vincent