How to navigate to a webscreen from process

Hi everyone, 

I have created a web application.I am activating process in my application when a entity is created, once the process execution is finished i want to navigate to a webscreen in my application itself. How can I achieve that. 

Hi Mitta,

Processes work asynchronously in the background, and they are independent from your frontend screens.

What you can do is to notify the relevant user of the result of the process with a "Taskbox" and let the user navigate to a webscreen by clicking the link in the Taskbox. You can do this by using a Human Activity and setting it's Destination property.

More info here: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Processes/Process_Tools/Human_Activity

Ozan Cali wrote:

Hi Mitta,

Processes work asynchronously in the background, and they are independent from your frontend screens.

What you can do is to notify the relevant user of the result of the process with a "Taskbox" and let the user navigate to a webscreen by clicking the link in the Taskbox. You can do this by using a Human Activity and setting it's Destination property.

More info here: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Processes/Process_Tools/Human_Activity

Hi Ozan, 

Actually I am trying to implement the logic of whatsApp web. When we scan whatsApp web QR code it will automatically displays user data without any human activity like taskbox which you have mentioned. So I have created a web application where QR code is displayed. I have also created a mobile application through which we can scan the generated we code in web. So whenever the scan gets success I am creating a data in some entity which is created in mobile application. I took that entity as dependency in web application and launching the process whenever a new data is created in the entity. So i am showing user data in another screen rather than the QR code generated screen. So I want to navigate to the another screen when the process gets completed. 

Mitta Venkata Pushaan Reddy wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I have created a web application.I am activating process in my application when a entity is created, once the process execution is finished i want to navigate to a webscreen in my application itself. How can I achieve that. 

Hi Mitta,

As Ozan has shared processes are asynchronous so navigating to a screen once process doesn't make sense directly.

But if you want it in a way that once process is completed and after that if user comes again to the application then redirect him to some specific screen? That is something which can be implemented. 

You just have to set a flag in some entity when process is completed and use that to check where to navigate the user.

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

Processes don't work like that. They run asynchronously (in background) and doesn't make sense to navigate to a webscreen in the end since they don't run in the context of a user flow. What you can have is a list with all processes that finish. The users can use that list to navigate to the page you want.

Want to explain better what you want to accomplish?

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi marcelo,

I am trying to achieve like whatsApp web, when we scan a QR from whatsApp mobile app our contact/chat details will automatically display in web once the scan is done from mobile application.I am trying to achieve the same in outsystems. How can I achieve that? 

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Mitta Venkata Pushaan Reddy wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Hi Mitta,

As Ozan has shared processes are asynchronous so navigating to a screen once process doesn't make sense directly.

But if you want it in a way that once process is completed and after that if user comes again to the application then redirect him to some specific screen? That is something which can be implemented. 

You just have to set a flag in some entity when process is completed and use that to check where to navigate the user.

Hi Nikhil

I am trying to achieve like whatsApp web, when we scan a QR from whatsApp mobile app our contact/chat details will automatically display in web once the scan is done from mobile application.I am trying to achieve the same in outsystems. How can I achieve that? 

Ok, For that you don't need to use OutSystems processes. You have to implement information from server to client side which you can done through websockets.

There are various component available on forge which you can use

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Search.aspx?q=websocket&t=&o=&tr=False&oss=False&c=&a=&v=&hd=False&tn=&scat=forge

So you have to register websocket connection in the client where you display QR code. Ppon scanning QR code you have to send your information from scanning device to server and from server you can push information to registered websocket client again and take needed action.

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Ok, For that you don't need to use OutSystems processes. You have to implement information from server to client side which you can done through websockets.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Search.aspx?q=websocket&t=&o=&tr=False&oss=False&c=&a=&v=&hd=False&tn=&scat=forge

So you have to register websocket connection in the client where you display QR code. Ppon scanning QR code you have to send your information from scanning device to server and from server you can push information to registered websocket client again and take needed action.

Can i get a sample oml for reference and if i use firebase web(Websocket) may i know how to use that and may i know where to find firebasetoken and targetidentiifer for a project in firebase

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Can i get a sample oml for reference and if i use firebase web(Websocket) may i know how to use that and may i know where to find firebasetoken and targetidentiifer for a project in firebase

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Can i get a sample oml for reference and if i use firebase web(Websocket) may i know how to use that and may i know where to find firebasetoken ,targetidentiifer and clientsecret for a project in firebase

May I know type of application you are using 

Traditional, reactive or Mobile?

For mobile there is one sample implementqation on forge

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/3576/firebase-websocket-mobile

You can try to convert it if you are using other app types.

Regarding firebase implementation you should check on google firebase documentation.