add/delete option inside the app

Hi there. 

I've created a mobile app that so far tracks your current location and tells you the nearest office locations to you from the database. (Please note this part has already been COMPLETED).

MY QUESTION: What I need to do now which I'm struggling with is add an option INSIDE the app which lets you edit the information (giving you options to add new office locations and delete existing office locations).

How would I do this? Any advice appreciated

Shaan Rashid wrote:

Hi there. 

I've created a mobile app that so far tracks your current location and tells you the nearest office locations to you from the database. (Please note this part has already been COMPLETED).

MY QUESTION: What I need to do now which I'm struggling with is add an option INSIDE the app which lets you edit the information (giving you options to add new office locations and delete existing office locations).

Hi Shaan,

Can you explain in some more details?

As per your brief what i can understand is you want to edit the record from the database and update same in DB because you already have data into the DB right?

While trying to update new location you can check latitude and longitude are same from the DB and apply logic there.

Salman Ansari wrote:

Shaan Rashid wrote:

Hi there. 

Hi Shaan,

As per your brief what i can understand is you want to edit the record from the database and update same in DB because you already have data into the DB right?

While trying to update new location you can check latitude and longitude are same from the DB and apply logic there.

yes so basically what I'm looking for is: you can load up the app it presents you the list of locations and there is an option to add or delete locations - it is this which I'm trying to do.

Hi Shaan,

What you are asking is a basic feature of OutSystems. I recommend that you following the Mobile course, this will answer this exact question you have. The application you will build in here will have you adding and removing tasks that you easily adapt to your need to add or remove offices: https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/1/becoming-a-mobile-developer/

Kind regards,

Vincent 

Shaan Rashid wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Shaan Rashid wrote:

Hi there. 

Hi Shaan,

yes so basically what I'm looking for is: you can load up the app it presents you the list of locations and there is an option to add or delete locations - it is this which I'm trying to do.

Yes so same way I explained to you,

1.Location list is there user can Delete Location-Perform Delete operation in DB with the help of LocationId
2.If User enter New Location -Perform Add operation using the Location Record in database

Are you able to give me a step by step guide to do this please? I would really appreciate. Thanks

Kind Regards

1.Location list is there user can Delete Location-Perform Delete operation in DB with the help of LocationId
2.If User enter New Location -Perform Add operation using the Location Record in database

Shaan Rashid wrote:

Are you able to give me a step by step guide to do this please? I would really appreciate. Thanks

Kind Regards

Shaan,

Seriously, follow the course. It will not only learn you how to perform these actions but also how to quickly create the screens needed by default scaffolding technics. This process is explained extensively in this course, give it a try.

Kind regards,

Vincent

Shaan Rashid wrote:

Kind Regards

As mentioned you can do the Mobile Dev Course or guided path https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/1/becoming-a-mobile-developer/

I just clicked something together and don't know if you will be able but check out officeLocation.oap. You will want to edit the server side logic and apply some security constraints etc though.

Vincent Koning wrote:

Shaan Rashid wrote:

Kind Regards

Shaan,

Seriously, follow the course. It will not only learn you how to perform these actions but also how to quickly create the screens needed by default scaffolding technics. This process is explained extensively in this course, give it a try.

Kind regards,

Vincent

Hi Vincent I've completed the course and have referred to this part but that seems different to this.

Shaan Rashid wrote:

Hi Vincent I've completed the course and have referred to this part but that seems different to this.

Can you provide screenshots of where you are stuck and how it differs from the course? Since the process is not changed I suspect that a step-by-step or a Demo app will not get you any further.

Kind regards,

Vincent

Shaan Rashid wrote:

Kind Regards

Please share your oml file

we will try to fix in your code but the tutorial is very important to learn more about OS