Views
Comments
invoice programm :  reactive or not ?

Hello, 

Im trying to make a app/website where a person can make invoices. 

Requirements : 

- add and edit customers 

- add and edit products.

-  add  and edit invoices where I like to see that you have a dropdown where a person can be chosen and when the person is chosen , the name, address, zipcode and city is shown. Also I like it when a amount is filled in and a product is chosen, the total of that line is chosen.  And also the total tax and amount is calculated on the fly. Last thing there schould be a way a extra line could be added.

Do I need to use the reactive template or can I also do this with a tradition web app ?

Roelof

Hi Roelof,

you can do all if this with both traditional and reactive, but I would encourage you to go with reactive

1° my feeling is that traditional will eventually be replaced by reactive as the standard for web, as it allows to get a more similar developing experience for both web and mobile development

2° in your requirements I can see a lot of interaction between parts of your screen, where changes in one widget should be automatically followed by matching changes in related widgets.  The react model makes this much less work, all you need to do is make sure data is refreshed when it needs to be, all the bits on the screen that depend on that data automatically get updated

So if you would go with traditional (maybe because you master this better as it is the course you happen to have finished) you'll end up with a lot of Ajax refreshes, but that will work as well...

Good luck,

Dorine

oke, 

I did only the reactive course because I love to do the new things in town.

Roelof

Roelof Wobben wrote:

Hello, 

Im trying to make a app/website where a person can make invoices. 

Requirements : 

- add and edit customers 

- add and edit products.

-  add  and edit invoices where I like to see that you have a dropdown where a person can be chosen and when the person is chosen , the name, address, zipcode and city is shown. Also I like it when a amount is filled in and a product is chosen, the total of that line is chosen.  And also the total tax and amount is calculated on the fly. Last thing there schould be a way a extra line could be added.

Do I need to use the reactive template or can I also do this with a tradition web app ?

Roelof

Hi Roelof, go with reactive, cuz as Dorine suggested in the future will be all reactive or PWA, also as you have a lot of changes in the screen related with the choices you do, this will be a lot faster as the information will change as you use the screen and select option.