Why my IF widget doesnt appear when im onscreen?

Hi guys i just try to show my IF widget(New Badge) when the new news is created,but my IF widget doesnt appear when user is onscreen,user need to change screen and back so my IF widget can appear,how can i fix it?

OS 11

Mobile

Hi Ricky,

Could you please share more details what you want to achieve?

If possible pls share oml

this is my badge new

Salman Ansari wrote:

Hi Ricky,

i want my badge new is appear when user is on screen ,idk if i can share oml because this is company project and im new to OS

Solution

Hi Ricky,

Are you refreshing your data after change using refresh data widget?

please find the image below for reference?

Regards,

Manish Jawla

Solution

Salman Ansari wrote:

Hi Ricky,

My bug is like
when im in facebook homepage i dont receive notification,i need to change page to profil page then back to homepage so i can receive notification

I want my user can receive notification when they still in homepage my application

Manish Jawla wrote:

Hi Ricky,

Are you refreshing your data after change using refresh data widget?

please find the image below for reference?

Regards,

Manish Jawla

no i dont use it,where i should use this?in my CMS or in my app?

ricky kardiansyah wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Hi Ricky,

My bug is like
when im in facebook homepage i dont receive notification,i need to change page to profil page then back to homepage so i can receive notification

I want my user can receive notification when they still in homepage my application

Without refreshing your page you want notification to display in your page  if any new notification?Is this you want to achieve?

ricky kardiansyah wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Hi Ricky,

My bug is like

Hi Ricky,

Why don't you use the firebase notification for the same?

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/4991/firebase-mobile

Salman Ansari wrote:

ricky kardiansyah wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Hi Ricky,

My bug is like

Without refreshing your page you want notification to display in your page  if any new notification?Is this you want to achieve?

yes like this,but its not really like fb notification its just show New badge in top of icon when im create new News

Manish Jawla wrote:

ricky kardiansyah wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Hi Ricky,

My bug is like

Hi Ricky,

Why don't you use the firebase notification for the same?

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/4991/firebase-mobile

its just notif by IF widget like this,i dont think i need firebase for this notification

Hi Ricky,

If it's straight forward if condition then, you just need to refresh your data.

when you are creating the new record you want to show batch right?

Please share your if condition code screen shot complete? where you have placed your badge.

Thanks.

Hi Ricky,

It would be helpful it you could tell us what framework you are using. Web Traditional or Reactive.

But in both cases the high level approach is the same;

- Create a Javascript function that triggers data refresh/REST call to see if new data is available and when done, calls itself again (perhaps with a sleep in between to not overload your backed)

- Create a client action to handle the response and refresh the page if needed.

What you ask is very possible, it's just not a standard thingy in OutSystems so you will need to create some scripts yourself.

ricky kardiansyah wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

ricky kardiansyah wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Hi Ricky,

My bug is like

yes like this,but its not really like fb notification its just show New badge in top of icon when im create new News

Hi Ricky,

Please share at-least screen shot of your code like how you are fetching data/refresh and how you are applying condition etc.

So that we can look into the code.

Sry for very late reply.

i found my solution, i forgot to refresh my data after fetching so the data doesnt update 

Glad to help you ricky.