How to clear the date Input Field associated with DatePicker?

How to clear the date InputWidget associated with DatePicker if the InitiaDate property of the Date Picker is set to NullDate()?
If I remove NullDate() from InitialDate property it is loading the current date to the text field on initial load. If I f I add NullDate() to the InitailDate property it is loading "1900-01-09" in the text field. 

My requirement is simple. When the screen initially loads, I need to show a blank text in the InputWidget. 

Hi Sundeep,

The same question was recently asked here. Assuming you’re developing a Reactive Web App, you should check out the suggested solutions in the linked post.

Solution 1

Solution 2

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sundeep,

The same question was recently asked here. Assuming you’re developing a Reactive Web App, you should check out the suggested solutions in the linked post.

Solution 1

Solution 2

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

I am developing Traditional Web Application and I am very much new to outsystems.

I will explain my requirement in more detail.

I have a table record where I populate data from an entity Employee. the entity has a record DOB. For some employees the DOB field may not be there in the table. So, when i populate the records in the Table Record, it loads the date in Input Widget in each row with a date picker to the left of the Input Widget. 

So, in this case where there is no data available in the data set, it is loading the current date now. I need it to be blank. 

I tried setting the InitialDate property of the DatePicker to NullDate(). Now it is setting "1900-01-01". I need a blank there.

Thanks,

Sundeep.

Hi Sundeep,

If you are developing the Traditional web application, I would suggest you to use the OutSystemsUIWeb > DatePicker and set the StartEmpty DatePicker property value to True as mentioned below.

Check this: Demo Screen

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi,

please try to set data-blank-field = True in calendar input box extend properties

Sundeep S wrote:

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sundeep,

Solution 1

Solution 2

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

I am developing Traditional Web Application and I am very much new to outsystems.

I have a table record where I populate data from an entity Employee. the entity has a record DOB. For some employees the DOB field may not be there in the table. So, when i populate the records in the Table Record, it loads the date in Input Widget in each row with a date picker to the left of the Input Widget. 

So, in this case where there is no data available in the data set, it is loading the current date now. I need it to be blank. 

I tried setting the InitialDate property of the DatePicker to NullDate(). Now it is setting "1900-01-01". I need a blank there.

Thanks,

Sundeep.

Hi Sundeep,

Try one of the above mentioned solutions please. 

But I guess Benjith's proposed solution makes more sense since it uses one of the properties of the Datepicker widget. Setting the StartEmpty property to True should get the job done.

Let us know if it works.

Regards,

Nordin

Sundeep S wrote:

How to clear the date InputWidget associated with DatePicker if the InitiaDate property of the Date Picker is set to NullDate()?
If I remove NullDate() from InitialDate property it is loading the current date to the text field on initial load. If I f I add NullDate() to the InitailDate property it is loading "1900-01-09" in the text field. 

My requirement is simple. When the screen initially loads, I need to show a blank text in the InputWidget. 

Hi Sundeep, check this another post, the solution is there: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/59960/how-to-set-input-to-empty-using-datepicker-on-reactive-web/

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Sundeep S wrote:

Hi Sundeep, check this another post, the solution is there: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/59960/how-to-set-input-to-empty-using-datepicker-on-reactive-web/

I had already shared that post Carlos and it does not help since Sundeep is developing a Traditional Web App.

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Sundeep S wrote:

I had already shared that post Carlos and it does not help since Sundeep is developing a Traditional Web App.

Sorry, I didn't see your answer, I had this post open since last night when it was empty, but right let's find another solution :)

Sundeep S wrote:

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sundeep,

Solution 1

Solution 2

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Thanks,

Sundeep.

So let's try again, it's THIS your requirement:

But my question to you is: Why do you need the date picker, why not an expression that presents the date if exist or present nothing in case you don't have a date in the record. the reason of the datepicker is because you want to save by choosing a date into the table record?

check the oml to check the implementation.

Hope I could help you

Solution

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Sundeep S wrote:

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sundeep,

Solution 1

Solution 2

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Thanks,

Sundeep.

But my question to you is: Why do you need the date picker, why not an expression that presents the date if exist or present nothing in case you don't have a date in the record. the reason of the datepicker is because you want to save by choosing a date into the table record?

Hope I could help you

If you want to save on the change of the date check this solution

Solution

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Sundeep S wrote:

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sundeep,

Solution 1

Solution 2

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Thanks,

Sundeep.

Hope I could help you

Hi Carlos Lessa,

Exactly this is my requirement. I need a date picker here to change the date. The date field needs to be changed.

Yesterday I couldn't do check your solution. I will check that and will let you know.

Regards,

Sundeep

Sundeep S wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Sundeep S wrote:

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sundeep,

Solution 1

Solution 2

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Thanks,

Sundeep.

Hope I could help you

Hi Carlos Lessa,

Exactly this is my requirement. I need a date picker here to change the date. The date field needs to be changed.

Yesterday I couldn't do check your solution. I will check that and will let you know.

Regards,

Sundeep

Hi Carlos,

Seems like it is working perfectly for me. But, Here when it is empty, it is showing DD-MM-YYYY. Can we have empty Input widget instead of that?

Regards,

Sundeep S

Sundeep S wrote:

Sundeep S wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Sundeep S wrote:

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sundeep,

Solution 1

Solution 2

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Thanks,

Sundeep.

Hope I could help you

Hi Carlos Lessa,

Regards,

Sundeep

Hi Carlos,

Seems like it is working perfectly for me. But, Here when it is empty, it is showing DD-MM-YYYY. Can we have empty Input widget instead of that?

Regards,

Sundeep S

Good, I could help you.

So if my solution or ideas was the one that solved your problem, please mark my answer as the solution and help me to grow my rank in the community, thanks and good code

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Sundeep S wrote:

Sundeep S wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Sundeep S wrote:

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sundeep,

Solution 1

Solution 2

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Thanks,

Sundeep.

Hope I could help you

Hi Carlos Lessa,

Regards,

Sundeep

Hi Carlos,

Regards,

Sundeep S

Good, I could help you.

So if my solution or ideas was the one that solved your problem, please mark my answer as the solution and help me to grow my rank in the community, thanks and good code

Hi Carlos,

Yes I have marked your answer as a solution. I have one more question to you. Can we make the Input widget empty instead of showing DD-MM-YYYY?

Thanks,

Sundeep

Sundeep S wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Sundeep S wrote:

Sundeep S wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Sundeep S wrote:

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sundeep,

Solution 1

Solution 2

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Thanks,

Sundeep.

Hope I could help you

Hi Carlos Lessa,

Regards,

Sundeep

Hi Carlos,

Regards,

Sundeep S

Good, I could help you.

Hi Carlos,

Yes I have marked your answer as a solution. I have one more question to you. Can we make the Input widget empty instead of showing DD-MM-YYYY?

Thanks,

Sundeep

Hi Sudeep, thanks for that

here is what you need to do: go to the input where you have the date, check the prompt and type: " ", (quote+space+quote), and is that, check the pic below: