Fixed width for Dropdown Search in Outsystems Reactive web

Hi Team,

I'm using a Dropdown Search widget in my app in Outsystems Reactive Web. Some choices in my dropdown are too long which makes the dropdown widget to increase its width. 

I want to hold its original width to avoid misalignment from the UI. Is there a way to make this

Thank you

Regards,

Nhorwin

Nhorwin John Villano wrote:

Hi Team,

I'm using a Dropdown Search widget in my app in Outsystems Reactive Web. Some choices in my dropdown are too long which makes the dropdown widget to increase its width. 

I want to hold its original width to avoid misalignment from the UI. Is there a way to make this

Thank you

Regards,

Nhorwin

Hi Nhorwin,

If you want to fixed the width then your values of dropdown will not be displayed fully.Is that will work for you???
OR

you can displayed initial some character in dropdown then add '....' something.Is this work for you?

Hi Salman,

The values are already in ellipses but still the dropdown widget increases its width.

Here's the original width of the dropdown:

Hi Nhorwin,

Can you create a PoC app that demonstrates this exact use case and share the OML (download the application for this file). We can then take a better look at it cause in my experience the size of the different widgets don't change based on the size of the data.

Greetings,

Vincent

Nhorwin John Villano wrote:

Hi Salman,

The values are already in ellipses but still the dropdown widget increases its width.

Here's the original width of the dropdown:

Please share the oml file without it very difficult to find in your case.