Long ajax refresh loading times AG-grid

Hello everyone,

At one of my clients we are using a javascript integeration of AG-grid.The grid itself works great, however! 

When it contains a large quantity of data my ajax refreshes slow down the entire page horribly. What i think is that everytime an ajax refresh happens it sends the entire viewstate ( containing the rendered AG-grid and all its data ) to the server creating immense loading times.

Does anyone have a idea of a fix or nice workaround?

Hi Didier,

I think you should avoid the ajax refresh with AG-grid because most of the operations are done locally like filtering, searching record and all using ag-grid jaavscript functions.

for reference you can check my component as well:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/7767/ag-grid-component

Regards,

Manish Jawla

Manish Jawla wrote:

Hi Didier,

I think you should avoid the ajax refresh with AG-grid because most of the operations are done locally like filtering, searching record and all using ag-grid jaavscript functions.

for reference you can check my component as well:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/7767/ag-grid-component

Regards,

Manish Jawla

Thank you for the Quick response,

My client wished for each user to have the option to select his own config files.

Because of this i need ajax refreshes to reload the grid when a new config is selected or to Refresh the combobox when someone creates or edits a config

Hi Didier,

I think when you user logged into the system then profile must be loaded/selected automatically for that user.

No need to select the profile for that user, If you have got the chance to look at Outsystems Datagrid,

they are also loading the grid config once your got login because it's natural if you are refreshing a grid with huge records, you are making the server call and rendering the whole grid again.

i.e. in such grids we used to perform all the operations locally first like insert, update, delete, filter and then in the end we commit our changes.

I hope it make sense.

Regards,

Manish Jawla