Analytics info on console not working after changing Firebase to OneSignal Push

Hi,

recently I changed the push notification on my mobile app from Firebase Mobile Plugin, to OneSignal Plugin, Regarding dependencies I only changed from from one to the other plugin.

The fact is that now with this change I no longer have information on analytics on the Firebase Console.

Can you help me?

Thank you and best regards,

Luis 

Hello LHHB,

Have you checked the documentation of the OneSignal? Have you followed all the steps and make sure you didn't forgot any? Check also this topic that could be interesting for you to fix your issue.

Regards,

TG

Hi Tiago,

I appreciate your answer and I have already seen the topic you sent me. 

From the post, I come to the conclusion that since I re-installed the app on my device, and I previously had registered the device on the first app installation, I have to live with the fact that I will be forever an unsubscriber user for onesignal and will not receive notifications.

If my interpretation is correct it seams that there is no solution.

Can you give your comment.

Thank you,

Luis

Tiago Gomes wrote:

Hello LHHB,

Have you checked the documentation of the OneSignal? Have you followed all the steps and make sure you didn't forgot any? Check also this topic that could be interesting for you to fix your issue.

Regards,

TG

Hi Tiago,

I have followed all the steps and the OneSignal push notification is working. The problem is that I have changed from a Firebase push notification (also working) on my same app to the OneSignal. With this change the Firebase console no longer gives google analytic feedback which.

What shall I do?

The reason for the change from Firebase to Onesignal push notification was the fact that I could not configure the Firebase plugin to work when I was not logged in the app. 

Thank you and best regards,

Luis 

Solution

Hi Luis,

To be honest I'm not quite sure of the features of OnSignal or Firebase push notification. All I did was small application to test and experience the Firebase. However, regarding your main problem and reason why you left the Firebase I'm almost sure there's any workaround or something that you missed on your configuration and not a limitation of the plugin. Hwever, the best spot to support your question would be on Firebase Component Forum.

Best regards!

Solution

Thanks Tiago for your feedback. For now I can reach users that are not logged in the app by means of notification to Topic. This means that those users must subscribe the Topic. However I still not able to reach a particular user by its UserId when logged out. 

Note that I have returned to Firebase.

Hi Luis,

There's no UserId when the User is not logged in, because of this you'll not be able to send a notification to that particular User. However, AFAIK you can use some registration key to identify the device and send a notification to a particular device! Like I said on some posts before, it would be better to create a post on the Firebase Mobile Plugin. They'll help you in there for sure!

Hope you had it!

Regards!