Configuring Firebase Push Notification to work when logged out (mobile app)

Hi,

I have installed the Firebase Mobile plugin on my mobile app, with reference to the Firebase Mobile sample available at forge.

This sample only works if the user is logged in the app. Could you please help me how to configure to receive push notifications when the user is logged out? Coul you share a sample?

Thank you and best regards,

Luis 

Luis,

Please follow the configuration steps as documented at Firebase Mobile push notification configuration guide and don't run the action UnregisterDevice after logout, if you want to keep receiving the notification.

Cheers!

Swatantra

Hi Swatantra,

I have followed all the steps you mentioned, and has I said it is working. The issue is that I want that the users receive notifications when they are logged out the app. The configuration detailed on the link you sent is only for users that are logged in the app.

Thank you,

Luis

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

Luis,

Please follow the configuration steps as documented at Firebase Mobile push notification configuration guide and don't run the action UnregisterDevice after logout, if you want to keep receiving the notification.

Cheers!

Swatantra

HI Swatanatra, did like you said in the OneSignalPlugin and its working, let's see if the LHHB manage to do with firebase

Hi Swatantra,

I have done what you said, i.e. don't run the action UnregisterDevice. When I send a notification to a user (userId) that user only receives notification if it is logged-in (note that I am following exactly the link you send me about configuration, step 2. OutSystems setup - mobile app). If I send a notification to Topic, the users that subscribed the topic, even if they are logged out receive the notification.

If I send a notification with deep link, to a Topic, the subscribed users when logged out receive the notification, however when they tapp the notification they are not redirected to the deeplink screen, but to the login screen. Any advice?

Thank you and best regards,

Luis