Can't find OsTagname property

Hi Devs,

I'm new to Ousystems and I'm trying  to use the OsTagName property, the problem is that I can't find this property when I select the widget. 

I'm building a Traditional Web Application in Outsystems 10 and following this article https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/How-to_Guides/Front-End/How_to_generate_HTML_tags 

Best Regards

Solution

Hi Vanilson,

Welcome to the OutSystems community!

Like it is stated in the article:

To generate HTML tags around elements of your Traditional Web Application use a Container or Placeholder Widget and add OSTagName = "<html_tag>" as an Extended Property, where <html_tag>is the HTML tag you want to use. Use the Extended Properties fields to define HTML attributes.

So you have to use a Container widget (you can search for it inside the Widget Toolbox all the way to the left of your Service Studio window).
You need to drag a Container widget inside your canvas and when you select the Container, in the right-bottom corner in Service Studio, you’ll find the Container widget properties. If you scroll all the way down inside those properties, you’ll find a section called Extended Properties.
Inside the Extended Properties you need to define OSTagName yourself like shown in this picture. You can just type it in.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Hi Nordin,

Thanks for the help and the problem was solved, in the dropdown where we type OSTagName I was hoping to find the OSTagName property instead of typing.

Best Regards

Hi Vanilson,

I understand the confusion if you’re new to OutSystems! This is one of those things you just need to know and now you do :).

Please mark my above answer as solution in order to help other community members find answers to their issues faster.

Enjoy developing with OutSystems!

Regards,

Nordin

Thanks Nordin for sharing. It is new learning for me.