Views
Comments
[OutSystems UI Web] How to Translate DatePicker "Invalid date" message when inputted date is invalid
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Published on 24 Aug 2020

Hello,

I am currently using "DatePicker component".

When User inputted invalid date like "2020-04-99", it show as "Invalid date" as capture.

I would like to customize this message in Japanese Error Message.

However, this message is generated in "Libraries\Moment_2_22_2" library, and I could not translate.

I would like to avoid Clone OutSystemsUIWeb for Create Customized DatePicker , just for the sake of Translate "Invalid date" error prompt.

Is there any better solution about this issue?

OutSystems UI Web Version: Version 1.7.10

Regards,

Ayumi

Ayumi Fukushima wrote:

Hello,

I am currently using "DatePicker component".

When User inputted invalid date like "2020-04-99", it show as "Invalid date" as capture.

I would like to customize this message in Japanese Error Message.

However, this message is generated in "Libraries\Moment_2_22_2" library, and I could not translate.

I would like to avoid Clone OutSystemsUIWeb for Create Customized DatePicker , just for the sake of Translate "Invalid date" error prompt.

Is there any better solution about this issue?

OutSystems UI Web Version: Version 1.7.10

Regards,

Ayumi

Hi,

You can update the message like below.

Hi Salman,

Thank you for answering.

Let me clarify what I want to achieve;

I would like to change message of circled area.

When I change Validate Message area's message according to your advice, however,  "Invalid date" message still shown...

I want to change message inside Input.

Is it possible to change this message?

Regards,

Ayumi

Hi Ayumi,

Please check the attached as per your need.

Validation.oml

attaching again oml due to some issue not updated yet

Validation.oml

Hello,

Thank you for answering, and provide oml file. I found that it should be work.

After discussion in team, we found that DatePicker's bahavior does not match our use-cases...

Since user cannot remember what user originally input to understand what makes error (like what kind of error date they input before submit form)...

Team member says input content should not be overwritten by warning message, so it need to keep original input of end-user.

In this case, we concluded that we need to avoid using DatePicker in our use case, unfortunately...

Thank you for your answering,

Regards,

Ayumi