Hi all,

I am developing an application in Reactive Web and I need to use the widget Radio Group, which I saw was made available in version 11.7.2 of the development environment for reactive applications. 

However, 

when I try to use this widget I get the following error:

Unavailable Feature

The environment you're logged into doesn't support 'Radio Button Widget'. Upgrade the environment to publish the module.

This is happening even though I already have the most recent versions of the platform and Outsystems UI.

Platform version - 11.7.3

Outsystems UI - Version 2.4.1

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you,

Patrícia

Hey Patricia! Check this thread, the solution is similar. Let me know if the radio button worked for you:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/57455/still-cant-find-radio-button-widget-in-reactive-web/

Sydney Lai wrote:

Hey Patricia! Check this thread, the solution is similar. Let me know if the radio button worked for you:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/57455/still-cant-find-radio-button-widget-in-reactive-web/

HI Sydney, 

thank you for your reply.


However, I can see the widget (red circle) and I try to use it but I always get the error in the image bellow when I drag it to the canvas.

Thank you,

Patrícia

Hi Patrícia,

Make sure you also have the latest stable version of Service Studio installed.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Patrícia Domingos,

The RadioGroup UI widget is asking to set specific value for each radio button within the Radio group.

Check this: RadioGroupDemo

Refer this:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Inputs/Pick_Only_One_Option_in_a_Group_of_Choices


PFA - includes the .oml solution file


Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Patrícia,

Make sure you also have the latest stable version of Service Studio installed.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi,

I am using the latest version now and the same issue occurs. 

Unavailable Feature
The environment you're logged into doesn't support 'Radio Button Widget'. Upgrade the environment to publish the module.


Thank you,

Patrícia Domingos


Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Patrícia Domingos,

The RadioGroup UI widget is asking to set specific value for each radio button within the Radio group.

Check this: RadioGroupDemo

Refer this:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Inputs/Pick_Only_One_Option_in_a_Group_of_Choices


PFA - includes the .oml solution file


Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith Sam,

even if I set a specif value for each one of them, I keep getting the same error, which does not allow me to publish my module. Even when I opened your oml file, the same error appeared.

Unavailable Feature
The environment you're logged into doesn't support 'Radio Button Widget'. Upgrade the environment to publish the module.

Thank you,

Patrícia

Hi Patrícia,

I can confirm the same behavior at my side, I get the same error as you. I'm also running on Platform Server version 11.7.3 and have the latest Service Studio and OutSystemsUI installed.

So I'm curious to know how come it is working for Benjith Sam? 

What I do know is that the Radio Button Widget is supposed to be supported for Reactive Web and Mobile on the future release of Platform Server 11.8.0:

Now you can use Radio Button Widget in your Reactive Web and Mobile apps. To build and deploy an app with this widget in UI, you also need to update Service Studio and OutSystems UI. (RTAF-2143)

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Below mentioned is the (Personal Environment) Platform Server and Service Studio version information, which I'm using.

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith Sam,

Well, that explains it since OutSystems has already upgraded your PE to Platform Server 11.8.0 :). 

I guess Patrícia and I need to wait a little for our Platform Servers to be upgraded too before we can use Radio Buttons!

Thanks for letting us know!

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

We do have one more option to request for Platform Server update, few days before I also requested for the same by clicking the Check for new platform release link as mentioned below (available in LifeTime Application - Environments Tab) and the Platform Server got updated to the latest version.


Note: Personal Environment will be in downtime during the Platform Server update activities.


Hope this helps you :)


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith Sam,

Yes, of course. I know about that option :).

I didn't mention it in this post because it shows the wrong platform server version in my case, even though I'm already on version 11.7.3. I thought it might be confusing for Patrícia for that matter.

I will schedule it never the less to see if my platform server will get upgraded to 11.8.0.

Thanks,

Nordin

EDIT: I just remembered the version for upgrade that is mentioned is of course the LifeTime Management Console version, so all is good :)

Hi Patrícia,

I guess you can schedule an upgrade for your PE like Benjith Sam shows in this post. After the upgrade you will be able to use Radio Buttons and Radio Group widgets.

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Patrícia,

I guess you can schedule an upgrade for your PE like Benjith Sam shows in this post. After the upgrade you will be able to use Radio Buttons and Radio Group widgets.

Regards,

Nordin

Thank you all for your replies. 

I will schedule an upgrade of the platform server to version 11.8.0, so I can use this widget. 


Thank you,

Patrícia Domingos