Working with calculated attributes and local variables

Hi guys

Heres my scenario 

I have a mobile app where on one screen (DependentsDetails screen), the user captures the number of dependents (children) they have together with the child's personal details . On the next screen (Expenses screen) they capture the total household expenditure. I then have a calculated attribute to calculated the portion of the child's expenditure which is based on the child:adult ratio of 1:2. How do i use the "number of dependents" that was captured in the (DependentsDetails) screen for my calculation in the expenses screen?

Regards

Diemiso

Solution

Hi Diemiso,

If I got it right, you want to use a variable NumberOfDependents that you capture in your first screen (DependentsDetails) in the next screen (Expenses).

Why don't you just pass the NumberOfDependents variable as an input parameter (of the second screen) when you navigate from the first screen to the second?

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Solution

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hi Diemiso,

If I got it right, you want to use a variable NumberOfDependents that you capture in your first screen (DependentsDetails) in the next screen (Expenses).

Why don't you just pass the NumberOfDependents variable as an input parameter (of the second screen) when you navigate from the first screen to the second?

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Perfect, its working.

Thanks Rui :-)

No problem Diemiso, I'm glad you have it working.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas