JSON Serialize and JSON Deserialize is executed on client side or server side?

In outsystems mobile application I want to know that JSON Serialize and JSON Deserialize controls are executed on client side or server side. 

Solution

Hi Nitin,

both are available, what you show is the ones available in client action (on the device).  Just open (or create) a server action, and you will also see the nodes to serialize and deserialize, but their color will be slightly different.  As is the case for all nodes, they look slightly different in server than in client actions

Dorine

Solution

Dorine Boudry wrote:

Hi Nitin,

both are available, what you show is the ones available in client action (on the device).  Just open (or create) a server action, and you will also see the nodes to serialize and deserialize, but their color will be slightly different.  As is the case for all nodes, they look slightly different in server than in client actions

Dorine

Hi Dorine,

Thanks! 

So if it is in client action then it will be executed using javascript and not on server code?

Could you please confirm.

Hi Nitin,

As I understood from tutorials, logic on the device is implemented in javascript and logic on the server in .net technology.  But why would you even care about that?

Nitin Chavan wrote:

Dorine Boudry wrote:

Hi Nitin,

Dorine

Hi Dorine,

Thanks! 

So if it is in client action then it will be executed using javascript and not on server code?

Hi Nitin,

AFAIK yes 

Dorine Boudry wrote:

Hi Nitin,

As I understood from tutorials, logic on the device is implemented in javascript and logic on the server in .net technology.  But why would you even care about that?

Hi Dorine,

I am creating architecture diagram for calling REST API from client side, there we are using JSON Serialization/deserialization for request/response parsing. 

Thanks!

Salman Ansari wrote:

Nitin Chavan wrote:

Dorine Boudry wrote:

Hi Nitin,

Dorine

Hi Dorine,

Thanks! 

Hi Nitin,

AFAIK yes 

Thanks Salman!