Web and BPT module separation

Hi, I am learning the BPT process, and based on the course, it can only run on the Web app. So far there is no problem, we tried to create Processes with Human Activity on the Web module. However, we would like to separate the Web and BPT  into 2 different modules and 2 different teams. 

So this is what I tried:

1. Create a Web module (Traditional Web) - Only UI related and business logic

2. Create a BPT module (Traditional Web) - Only BPT Process related

Using the end-user web app, we tried to trigger a Process (using Launch on Create Entities event), but the Process Instance is never triggered using this scenario. Is there something wrong with this scenario?

Thanks

Hi Henry,

Can you share the screenshot of your bpt implementation where you have defined like on creation of entities you want to trigger the process and if possible share the sample oml.

Regards,

Manish Jawla

Hi Henry,

Sounds like a valid setup to me. 

You might get a clue by looking at the answer given in this post with a similar problem. 

Also, a suggested solution mentioned by someone in the same post, is deleting the entity and creating another one. After publish the module and refreshing the dependency with the BPT module, the trigger events should work again.

Regards,

Nordin

henry irawan wrote:

Hi, I am learning the BPT process, and based on the course, it can only run on the Web app. So far there is no problem, we tried to create Processes with Human Activity on the Web module. However, we would like to separate the Web and BPT  into 2 different modules and 2 different teams. 

So this is what I tried:

Using the end-user web app, we tried to trigger a Process (using Launch on Create Entities event), but the Process Instance is never triggered using this scenario. Is there something wrong with this scenario?

Thanks

Hi Henry,

You can make BPT in Core module in 4L Canvas architecture and as you said you can Launch Process from the Front End layer(your web app),So 2 teams can work easily

you can followed the below approach.

1.End User Layer(Launch Process)-Team A
2.Core Service Layer (BPT Logic,All the business logic for BPT/End User)-Team B
3.Library Layer (Common Action)

Salman Ansari wrote:

henry irawan wrote:

So this is what I tried:

Thanks

Hi Henry,

You can make BPT in Core module in 4L Canvas architecture and as you said you can Launch Process from the Front End layer(your web app),So 2 teams can work easily

Hi, does It mean the Process needs to be in the same module as Web Screens? Is it possible to separate the like this?

1. End User Layer(Process) - Team A

2. End User Layer(Screens Web) - Team B

3.Core Service Layer (BPT Logic,All the business logic for BPT/End User)-Team C

4.Library Layer (Common Action) - Team D

Thanks

Solution

henry irawan wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

henry irawan wrote:

So this is what I tried:

Thanks

Hi Henry,

Hi, does It mean the Process needs to be in the same module as Web Screens? Is it possible to separate the like this?

1. End User Layer(Process) - Team A

2. End User Layer(Screens Web) - Team B

3.Core Service Layer (BPT Logic,All the business logic for BPT/End User)-Team C

4.Library Layer (Common Action) - Team D

Thanks

does It mean the Process needs to be in the same module as Web Screens? -Yes

1. End User Layer(Process) - Team A This team will work only related to BPT task in same module

2. End User Layer(Screens Web) - Team B - This team will work only related to Screen Part in same module

Solution

Thank you for your answer, really appreciate it

henry irawan wrote:

Thank you for your answer, really appreciate it

My pleasure!

Glad to help you :)