Table Records Screen Action Link Performance

Dears,

I have a table records with a column link to a screen action, as shown below. There is a link in the title column to a screen action destination. Even with this screen action being dummy (no comands), when I click in the title, the application puts a waiting icon in the down rigth part of screen (in portuguese 'Carregando') end spent 3 seconds running the round point symbol. Then, there is a low perfomance to user in the simple operation, only returning a check icon in the side title.

Why this happen ?



Best Regards,

Roberto

Roberto Campos wrote:

Dears,

I have a table records with a column link to a screen action, as shown below. There is a link in the title column to a screen action destination. Even with this screen action being dummy (no comands), when I click in the title, the application puts a waiting icon in the down rigth part of screen (in portuguese 'Carregando') end spent 3 seconds running the round point symbol. Then, there is a low perfomance to user in the simple operation, only returning a check icon in the side title.

Why this happen ?



Best Regards,z

Roberto

Even tough you are not performing any logic on the server,  the request is made to the server and the browser waits for the response. Without any more information I 'd say what's happening there is because there is a slow network connection between client and server. 

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your response. I undesrtood and agree. But the misteryous is that I have several operations like that in others screens, and the response time is imediate (no 'loading' is seen in the screen, and the action has several widgets). The diference to the showed case is that in the others screens I don't use a table records, but simple widget input fields.

Thanks,

Roberto


Roberto Campos wrote:

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your response. I undesrtood and agree. But the misteryous is that I have several operations like that in others screens, and the response time is imediate (no 'loading' is seen in the screen, and the action has several widgets). The diference to the showed case is that in the others screens I don't use a table records, but simple widget input fields.

Thanks,

Roberto



If the action method is submit it will reload all the page. Try to change to ajax submit. 

What Pedro said.

Usually, a Submit page change would be obvious, but reactive screens can disguise such operations from the human eye and you think it is still the same.

And mixing Ajax Submit with Submit is very common, so this screen can be slightly different from the others and you haven't noticed.

Thanks Pedro and Nuno,

My application is tradicional web, not reactive (I understood about the disguise effect). And the method is Ajax Submit, like below.

 Thanks,

Roberto



You made me curious.

It is late now, but if no one comes up with an explanation by morning, I'll try to recreate the error.

KKKK Nuno,

Sure, I agree. Tomorrow morning, I will do a little application, with some input widgets in the screen, and a table record with the same field. Let's see what happened. Then, I will post the oml and perhaps some conclusions here.

Thanks and good nigth,

Roberto

Can you use the network tab in your browser's developer tools to get a recording of the amount of data going back and forth and the timeline of that click?

J.Ja

Hi guys, I was curious about that behaviour aswell and tried to reproduce it.

Seems that I have no difference at all on times between a link inside and outside of a table records.

Like Justin said if you can check the network tab, there seems to be something more happening behind the scenes.

Also if you can share an Oml where the problem occurs, I'd be happy to investigate more :)


Hi Pedro,

You are sure. I created an application that has several checkboxes, in a screen without tablerecords, and in another screen with tablerecords. You check a field, and an action clear it. It is imediate either without or with table records. The app is attached bellow. Then, I think that the problem is with my application itself.I don't get send you because it is large. But if you want I can send you a zoom invite to shows the question.

I will try follow the Justin James recomendation, but I have some difficult to do this, because I'm not a web programmer.

Thanks for you attention,

Roberto


Roberto Campos wrote:

Hi Pedro,

You are sure. I created an application that has several checkboxes, in a screen without tablerecords, and in another screen with tablerecords. You check a field, and an action clear it. It is imediate either without or with table records. The app is attached bellow. Then, I think that the problem is with my application itself.I don't get send you because it is large. But if you want I can send you a zoom invite to shows the question.

I will try follow the Justin James recomendation, but I have some difficult to do this, because I'm not a web programmer.

Thanks for you attention,

Roberto


Hi, 

I just tried with your example and the response times are preety much the same. I couldn't see any difference.



Hi Pedro,

You are shure. I am investigating my application to understand what is happening to cause the low performance. Perhaps a great number of IF widgets that I use in the columns of the table records, and so on. Thanks for you help and interest.

Best Regards,

Roberto