Outsystems 11 Publish Module

If I accidentally click on Publish button is there any way to stop the publish immediately in Outsystems 11 platform? 

I have seen stop option when I use Outsystems 10 platform. 

Solution

Hi Arunkumar,

This feature was removed in Service Studio for OutSystems 11.

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Hello Arunkumar.

That same question was posted only days ago.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/60260/how-to-stop-the-publishing-action-if-it-is-progressing/

With fast internet, the button in previous versions was only pretending. In fact, the moment the .oml is sent to the server (and that is the fastest part of the process) the rest is done by the deployment controller and SS has no control over it. The button was removed because if your connection can upload 1MB in less than 2 seconds, there is nothing you can do to pause the compilation.

As stated in the previous post, you can go back to a previous version. Unless you have some timer than When Published changes data and you are doomed, going back to the previous version is almost as good as canceling deployment (tables may have been changed).

There are a lot of better things in Ideas that can be done instead.

Thanks Nuno and you’re right about the idea so I will remove the link.

I forgot I even replied to the post you shared! :)

Nuno Reis wrote:

Hello Arunkumar.

That same question was posted only days ago.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/60260/how-to-stop-the-publishing-action-if-it-is-progressing/

With fast internet, the button in previous versions was only pretending. In fact, the moment the .oml is sent to the server (and that is the fastest part of the process) the rest is done by the deployment controller and SS has no control over it. The button was removed because if your connection can upload 1MB in less than 2 seconds, there is nothing you can do to pause the compilation.

As stated in the previous post, you can go back to a previous version. Unless you have some timer than When Published changes data and you are doomed, going back to the previous version is almost as good as canceling deployment (tables may have been changed).

There are a lot of better things in Ideas that can be done instead.

Thanks. I aware of the fact that we can revert back to previous version thru SC. Just wanted to check any immediate option. Fine thanks

Its normal, Nordin.

Sometimes I feel all the questions are similar to something I saw before. I only remembered it because I decided not to comment on that one. But seeing it twice in two days is too much to be quiet.

This is not only informing but managing expectations. Most users want the platform to be better, and I'm sure OS thanks them for that. But some things simply can't be done or don't have a purpose so I better cut it before they get too many hopes.

Maybe I should go and destroy the hopes on that Idea too? :) 

Sometimes questions are indeed similar but then again, not everybody thinks about searching an answer to their question on the Forum before creating an new post. And maybe they do, but they were not satisfied by the answers that were replied.

I agree with you on that part Nuno. That idea indeed does not deserve to be reimplemented so have at it! Maybe I’ll even join you. :)