Outsystems Now can not read QR code (made by Guided Paths's sample code )

Hi,

I'm doing exercise followed the Guide patch.

First of all, made QR code on Native Platforms and it looks like this

Then followed this linke install and test OutSystems Now on iOS devices, [TestFlight] and [OutSystems Now] were installed on my Iphone.

I opened [OutSystems Now] from [TestFlight] ? touched [SCAN QR CODE] botton ?camera is opend ?scan that QR code.

but there is anything happen.

So, is there something wrong in my opertion.

Regards,

jiashu

Hello.

I could read your QR code in OutSystems Now. ToDo opened fine, but I can't login (obviously).

Can you try to read this same QR code with other app (to be sure the camera lens is clean) and use OutSystems Now in other QR Codes (to be sure the app works in your model)?

Hello Jiashu,

TestFlight is an online service for the instalation and test of mobile applications, which belongs to Apple and it's only for iOS developers. Basically, makes it easy to test beta versions of iOS apps and provide valuable feedback to developers before they release their apps on the App Store. In order to install the app, the developer should send an email invitation to the testers. Basically, it's a way to distribute your apps to a specific group of testers before releasing your apps on the App Store.

In order to use this distribution mode, you need to have a Developer Account in Apple Portal (https://developer.apple.com/) and you need to generate a proper Provisioning Profile and generate the IPA file with it.

Of course there are other distribution modes. Personally, I prefer Ad-Hoc distribution, where you need to register the devices' UDIDs in the Apple Portal before they can acess the application.

If you just want to test your app in your phone via OutSystems Now, it should be much more simple, you don't even need to generate the IPA file...
You just need to read the QR code directly in OutSystems Now app. You don't need to use TestFlight app in this scenario.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi, Nuno Reis

Thanks for your reply.

I successfully read QR code with other app, and copied it's URL to [ACCESS WITH URL] and it is working fine now. 

But, still can not work in [SCAN OR CODE].

As you said you could read , So that's not problem of my QR code, maybe something wrong with my iphone.

Kind regards,

Jiashu

Nuno Reis wrote:

Hello.

I could read your QR code in OutSystems Now. ToDo opened fine, but I can't login (obviously).

Can you try to read this same QR code with other app (to be sure the camera lens is clean) and use OutSystems Now in other QR Codes (to be sure the app works in your model)?

Hi, Rui Barradas

Thank you very much for your reply.

I don't have Developer Account in Apple, so simplely via OutSystems Now.
Now, the problem is I can't read the QR code directly in OutSystems Now app. 

About yhy I use TestFlight , that because the OutSystems Now application didn't release to the App Store.

By other people's discussion I found this way(via TestFlight) to use OutSystems Now.

Kind regards,

Jiashu

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hello Jiashu,

TestFlight is an online service for the instalation and test of mobile applications, which belongs to Apple and it's only for iOS developers. Basically, makes it easy to test beta versions of iOS apps and provide valuable feedback to developers before they release their apps on the App Store. In order to install the app, the developer should send an email invitation to the testers. Basically, it's a way to distribute your apps to a specific group of testers before releasing your apps on the App Store.

In order to use this distribution mode, you need to have a Developer Account in Apple Portal (https://developer.apple.com/) and you need to generate a proper Provisioning Profile and generate the IPA file with it.

Of course there are other distribution modes. Personally, I prefer Ad-Hoc distribution, where you need to register the devices' UDIDs in the Apple Portal before they can acess the application.

If you just want to test your app in your phone via OutSystems Now, it should be much more simple, you don't even need to generate the IPA file...
You just need to read the QR code directly in OutSystems Now app. You don't need to use TestFlight app in this scenario.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Solution

Add some more and close this.

It well done on my Android but didn't work on my Iphone.

Solution