Views
Comments
Convert textbox value into  List in outsystems

Hi All,

I am new to Low-code. I am creating application and I am stuck on the following scenario.

I have created Form with Local Variable. I don't have database access(neither Excel nor external database(sequel server)). I wanted to make object List with local variable which i used in form.

How can i do that? Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Krishna

Hi Krishna,

You can create Structure fro that go to Data Tab and create structure in structure folder.

Hope this will Hepl you

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Krishna Ghael wrote:

Hi All,

I am new to Low-code. I am creating application and I am stuck on the following scenario.

I have created Form with Local Variable. I don't have database access(neither Excel nor external database(sequel server)). I wanted to make object List with local variable which i used in form.

Thanks

Krishna

Hi Krishna,

You can refer the below link.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Implement_Application_Logic/Update_List_Items_on_a_Screen

Thanks.... 

Krishna Ghael wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks

Krishna

Hi Krishha, if you want to convert the Local variable into a List check the pics:

Double click here:

Click on the data type and double click on List:

Now you have a list of the variable you had before

Now you need to adapt your logic to populate the list, ofc depends on the complexity but in the general, you need a for each and a list append

Hope I could help you

Best Regards

Carlos Lessa

Hi, 

you can check the steps in this post.

Cheers

Hi,

My main concern is I can't use Structure as well as I don't have to use Database at all. As we will be using API for the same. At this point I just wanted to store all the local variables into object List. I am not sure how can I store without actually working with any database and structure

Any help would be appreciated. 

Hello Krishna,

So here's my suggestion. You will need to create a structure. It's not a database structure, but a local structure created by you in the module. I don't know the variable types, but I'd suggest (at least) 3 fields.

Imagine that you have 3 local variables: CaseNumber (text), ProceedingNumber (text) and FileBinaryContent (binary data).

So, your structure will have 3 fields like:

• FieldName (text type): populate this field with the local variable name (CaseNumber, ProceedingNumber, FileBinaryContent, etc). This field is used to identify the variable.
  • FieldValue (text type): use this field to store the value in your local variable (for example: the value in variable CaseNumber, the value in variable ProceedingNumber, etc). This field is used to store the values.
  • FieldBinary (binary data type): use this field to store the binary content since you cannot store it in a text field.

You will have something like this (I called FieldsStructure):

Then your variable that represents the object List (let's call it TextList) needs to be from the FieldsStructure List.

After you populate the variable TextList with the values, you will have something like this:

- Record 1

• FieldName: CaseNumber
  • FieldValue: 123123
  • FieldBinary: NULL

- Record 2:

• FieldName: ProceedingNumber
  • FieldValue: 789789
  • FieldBinary: NULL

- Record N:

• FieldName: FileBinaryContent
  • FieldValue: ""
  • FieldBinary: 0101010101010101010101010101010101010111101010

In the end, you will have all of your local variables and their respective values in a single object list.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas