Problem with a missing reference warning

Problem with a missing reference warning

I have a missing reference to an eSpace warning when ever I publish an eSpace. However the eSpace stated on the warning has been removed and all it's references from the other eSpaces have been deleted, there's nothing on the other eSpaces that reference the deleted one.
Any one can help me on how verify the references have really been deleted and to make this warning disappear?
Hi Filipe!

Welcome to the OutSystems forums!

Without knowing more details, if you have a missing reference, it usually says the eSpace that is referencing that "missing reference". That should be the eSpace that you should be looking for.

Still, if you are sure that all eSpaces no longer have references to that missing eSpace, the suggestion I'd make is to:

- Create a solution containing the eSpace you're working on;
- Publish the running version of the solution.

However, unless you're clearly missing something in one of the eSpaces, the only ting I can imagine is a circular reference scenario or complex dependencies that are somehow keeping those missing references... But unless you're working on a really large environment with many applications, I don't see that happening easily.

Let me know how it goes. One thing that could help would be for you to copy and paste the "Missing Reference" message here to the forum, so that we can try and uncover the problem.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Filipe,

Have you tried opening the Add/Remove references window and searching for the producer eSpace? Does is show up as missing (see the image below)?

What version of Service Studio are you using?

Best Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems
Hello.
I'm using Service Studio 4.2.4.49

Yes, I already looked at the Add/Remove References, there's no reference to the eSpace.
The eSpaces architecture is quite simple. I have eSpace A and then eSpace B and D reference A, nor B neither D reference one another.
So what happened was there was an eSpace C which was cloned to the current D and then we deleted C.

We've checked everything, there was an image path containing the eSpace C name on the CSS on eSpace D but we already changed that, still we have the warning. This was the only thing we saw referring the deleted eSpace.

The warning message is: "Missing Dependency Could not find the 'C' eSpace in this server. Application runtime errors might occur"

Thanks.

...and this happens when compiling eSpace D, which is a clone of eSpace C?

I would suggest posting the eSpace here, if possible, so that someone can try to take a look at it.

Another thing I would suggest is to do something that should no longer be needed - it's like "black magic", "the feature that shall not be named" - but might help you out in this case. Press the Ctrl key, and click the Verify button with your mouse. Then click "yes", and after that's over, try to publish the eSpace.

Let us know if that helps you!

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Again.

No, it happens when publishing eSpace B. Strange right???

Already did your suggestion of CTRL Verify, no good.

Thank you.

Filipe Dias.
Strange indeed.

If you have tried the ctrl+verify on eSpace B;
If you have tried creating a solution with those 3 eSpaces, and publishing the running version;

Then I'd suggest you posting the eSpace here, if possible, so that we can try to take a look at it and see if we can figure something out.

Alternatively, getting in touch with our support team might also be useful, in case it is indeed a Platform error.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares
I haven't tried creating a solution with the 3 eSpaces. I will do that now. I can't post the eSpace here.
another thing always happening is when ever I open the eSpace B I get the message saying the references are outdated or missing, and I open the Add/Remove references and there's no reference to be updated.

I'll try the to create a solution and let you know in a while.

Thanks a lot.
Filipe Dias said:
always happening is when ever I open the eSpace B I get the message saying the references are outdated or missing, and I open the Add/Remove references and there's no reference to be updated.

The fact that you mentioned this suggests me that what you should do immediately is submit it to our support team. I understand that you cannot post it here, due to copyright issues and the like, so the support team might be your best bet to get it sorted out - both because of privacy concerns, and also because it might be a bug you're stumbling into.

Still, let us know if publishing the solution helps.

Best regards, and sorry for not being able to help you further.

Paulo Tavares
Ok, I'll submit this issue to support because the Solution publishing didn't solve the problem either.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards.

Filipe Dias