[Html2PdfConverter] BPT : The system cannot find the file specified

Forge Component
(70)
Published on 2 Jun by Guilherme Pereira
70 votes
Published on 2 Jun by Guilherme Pereira

I am only having this issue in Production.

I have a Table Records and the user has the option:

1.  to print to pdf just for one line (Works fine everytime)
  2. do a multi print, where it will call a BPT to generate the pdfs for each line and then merge all the pdfs to a single one. (Gives error many times)

Most of the times, when the user selects the multi-print option, I get the error "The system cannot find the file specified" right at the first loop of the forEach :

In DEV and QA everything works fine and I have the same version of the component in the 3 environments.

In PROD it works 10% of the times. Could it be the Concurrency issue reported here https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/42099/html2pdfconverter-concurrency-issue/ ?

The component is used in other applications.

Solution

Hi Nelson,

From the description it could be something related with some FEs not being configured.

In production how many front ends do you have? Can you check if they all have the component configured by calling the geneate pdf with an url pointing to each one of them?

Cheers,

Guilherme

Solution

Guilherme Pereira wrote:

Hi Nelson,

From the description it could be something related with some FEs not being configured.

In production how many front ends do you have? Can you check if they all have the component configured by calling the geneate pdf with an url pointing to each one of them?

Cheers,

Guilherme

Yes, we have 2 more FEs in Production.

Will test. Thanks!

Guilherme Pereira wrote:

Hi Nelson,

Cheers,

Guilherme

That was it, after configuring the other FE's it's now working!

Also didn't had the Farm checkbox active. 

Now I am sometimes having the dreaded 

"Could not find file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\TEMPRQKJXAYMXF00000000000000000000000000000000.pdf'."

I'll have to update the component to the most recent version.