User Provider settings to separate login session between apps

I have 2 apps A and B are using the same role from a module name External_Module. In module External_Module I do all the login function and grant role for users in app A and B.

When I log in into app A, I don't need to log in to access app B content. I don't want this behavior.

Then I set User Provider to Yes and set User Provider module to (Current eSpace) on both app A and B, both apps are now using different session login.

Is variable Is User Provider used for this purpose?

Solution

Hi Logan,

By definition, the User Provider Module specifies a source for the user records to be used by this module.

This attribute is especially important to enable single sign-on capabilities within all the modules that share the same user provider. By default, all created applications have single sign-on capabilities because their User Provider module is set to the Users module.

If you set the User Provider Module to be Service Center, the module will be in the same "session domain" of Lifetime, Service Center and Service Studio, so if you need to login to access some screens you need to use IT Users credentials.

You only should set the User Provider Module as (Current eSpace), if the module is a User Provide module, providing the end-users and sessions to other modules.

There is also multi-tenancy: for a given User Provider, multiple "tenants" can exist (this is useful, for example, in SaaS applications). If you have multiple tenants for a given User Provider, each tenant has its own "user space". More on multi-tenancy. (Link)

Is User Provider - Set to Yes to make this a module which provides users. When this property is set to Yes, the Users entity (System) is set as public and the module becomes available as an option as a user source in modules User Provider Module property. (Link)

Use an External Authentication Provider

Please let us know if this answers your question.

Cheers,
Miguel

Solution

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi Logan,

By definition, the User Provider Module specifies a source for the user records to be used by this module.

This attribute is especially important to enable single sign-on capabilities within all the modules that share the same user provider. By default, all created applications have single sign-on capabilities because their User Provider module is set to the Users module.

If you set the User Provider Module to be Service Center, the module will be in the same "session domain" of Lifetime, Service Center and Service Studio, so if you need to login to access some screens you need to use IT Users credentials.

You only should set the User Provider Module as (Current eSpace), if the module is a User Provide module, providing the end-users and sessions to other modules.

There is also multi-tenancy: for a given User Provider, multiple "tenants" can exist (this is useful, for example, in SaaS applications). If you have multiple tenants for a given User Provider, each tenant has its own "user space". More on multi-tenancy. (Link)

Is User Provider - Set to Yes to make this a module which provides users. When this property is set to Yes, the Users entity (System) is set as public and the module becomes available as an option as a user source in modules User Provider Module property. (Link)

Use an External Authentication Provider

Please let us know if this answers your question.

Cheers,
Miguel

Hi Miguel,

As you said, if I want my end users can only access to my app A and unable to access other apps, then Is User Provider set to Yes in app A works for this scenario?

Hi Logan,
I think so Logan. But I think that you can do a little test just to confirm.

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi Logan,
I think so Logan. But I think that you can do a little test just to confirm.

Thanks for your answer Miguel. Have a good day.

You too Logan. Please, let me know if my answers helps you to solve your question. Have a nice day! =)