Outsystem Database and external application

Hi,

I am using the latest version of OutSystems. I am a newbie. So I have few things to clarify.

1. Drawing and dropping entity to a scaffold which is from external database gives error. (Got a workaround from the forum, but that’s not a permanent solution). When will we get the troubleshoot version for that? 

2. If I use the database available in the Outsystems, 

a) Will I be able to use the same database across different outsystems projects? (use in mobile         application and in a web application simultaneously )

b) Will I be able to access outsystems database from external projects, eg. in my ASP.Net project?

c) How large the outsystems database can be?

Best Regards, 

Ambika

Hi Ambi,

1. Please share the error, show we don't have to gues what error.

a) yes

b) depends, If OutSystems is On-premise, you can arrange this with a DBA.

If OutSystems in the cloud, the easiest way is to expose the OutSystems data by means of an REST API that is consumed by the external systems.

c) depends, the Personal Environment is 2GB (that also includes all the OutSystems meta data)

For enterprise licenses it goes from 100Gb to terabytes, in blocks of 50gb depending on what you need/pay for.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi,

Please find the error I am getting.

I have successfully connected to Sql Server DB and created extension using integration studio. I could attach the extension in service studio.  

Hope you can help me..

Regards,

Ambi

Hi again,

That is not an error message. That is an informational message that says that OutSystems isn't able to scaffolding an entity from en external database.

Btw. that is new information for me too, I will check with OutSystems what the reasoning is behind that.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Anyway it is not allowing to do that step and proceed. But in the online tutorial, it shows all the steps without any obstacles. I will be great if you could help me with this. 

< Please refer the forum ”[OutSystems UI Templates Reactive] Scaffolding External DB entities fails in Reactive Web Apps” >

Awaiting for your reply,

Regards,

Ambi

Hi,

I already past on the question to OutSystems to explain the reason behind the message, and will keep you informed on any answer I receive.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Ambi,

OutSystems response is "we'll implement this in the next couple of weeks" for the time being, you caan use the workaround as outlined in the following post.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/56893/outsystems-ui-templates-reactive-scaffolding-external-db-entities-fails-in-reac/?utm_source=community&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=forum-reply=#Post232956

I do see you replied also in it on a few days ago. What part did not work for you to ask help a new post?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

You are right, I had just added a reply in that post as below:

I did the same as per the image provided above. Under Database node. Suppose my entity name is ”usermaster” and if I copy that under Database node, it will show as ”usermaster2”. Then I drag ”usermaster2” and drop onto scaffolding. After that I go to interface layout and drag-drop ”usermaster” on top of ”usermaster2” list on the screen. Then go to data tab and delete ”usermaster2” under Database node, right? Am I correct till this step? Pease guide..

Can you guide me on this regard?

Regards,

Ambi