Hi,

I am refactoring a financial application which has around 10 eSpaces. Some of these eSpaces use common static entities. I have created a Library module, but one should not store static entities in the Library to be used for for example drop downs in other eSpaces. Problem is most of these static entities are in eSpace A which does not necessarily have much to do with eSpace B, but eSpace B uses the static entity of eSpace A. I rather store these common static entities in a separate eSpace so eSpace B does not have to address an eSpace which it otherwise has no relation with. Why should I not store them in the Library?

Hi Johnny,

Did you upgrade Studio to the latest version?
It is possible to create Static entity in Library module:

Other way is creating Service module to store not only Static entity.

Daryna Kravets wrote:

Hi Johnny,

According to Outsystems: "Static Entities can be created and referenced in Libraries but cannot be used in queries, as dropdown sources or as foreign keys for entities. However, you cannot reference Static Entities from (System) in Libraries."

Solution

Johnny B Good wrote:

Daryna Kravets wrote:

Hi Johnny,

According to Outsystems: "Static Entities can be created and referenced in Libraries but cannot be used in queries, as dropdown sources or as foreign keys for entities. However, you cannot reference Static Entities from (System) in Libraries."

PS: The Library module I mentioned is apparently not a library module but a traditional web module. I cannot even create a module of type Library as I do not have that option when I try to create a new module as the application is not a reactive web or mobile one. That said, I can use the static entities in the Library module as foreign keys for other entities in other eSpaces. So I presume the statement above refers to a proper Library module?

Solution

This statement is about Library module type. It is available for Mobile and Reactive apps:

In Traditional you can create Service module and use Static entities with no restrictions.