Login error message appears only after successful login

Hi Devs,

I'm facing a strange situation about the login and it's related to the error message if the username and password is incorrect.

If I insert invalid data the error message doesn't appear, but when I insert a valid data than the user login the previous error message appears, below you can see my flow: 

I'm using Service Studio 10.

Best Regards

Hello Vanilson.

Where are you writing the message? usually for that, we call FeedbackMessage action.

What is probably happening is that you don't ajax refresh the current screen, and the message only shows when a screen transition occurs.

Hi Nuno,

Thanks for the reply, I'm writing the message in the ExceptionFeedbackMessage as you can see in the image bellow:

I'm using the stantard login that comes with the application.

Best Regards

Hi Vanislon,

Can you record a video and share it to understand what is your error?

Thanks.

Best Regards

Sorry. I couldn't see the image on my phone...

Yes, a video would be great.

Until there, here goes a diferent guess. Is that login page a customized page? And the next page is already using the theme?

Because your page needs a Feedback Message Widget that is part of RichWidgets. If you removed the Layout, you probably lost it. And the next page is already complete so it can display messages.

You can add it manually and test (the one above, the bottom one is the action you already call).

Hi Devs,

Sorry for the late response, I cannot make a video but, I was doing some troubleshotting and a notice the following:

1. In the same page I inserted a new button and created a new screen action with the Feedback Message and the result was the same the message didn't show up.

2. I opened my Chrome Inspector and is showing the following error message:

I don't why but look like the Feedback Message doesn't work in this page.

Best Regards

Have you checked what I suggested? The Rich Widgets component?

Nuno Reis wrote:

Have you checked what I suggested? The Rich Widgets component?

Hi Nuno,

Yes, I checked and is everything is there.

Best Regards

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hi Vanislon,

Can you record a video and share it to understand what is your error?

Thanks.

Best Regards

Hi Luis,

I can't share a video, but I will try to explain the situation:

I have two pages, one is the Login and another one is the HomePage, so lets suppose that the user Luis wants to login in the application.

- The first time the user Luis inserted the wrong username and password, but the error message that says "Invalid login" doesn't appear

- The second time the user Luis inserted the right username and password and HomePage is rendered, but HomePage is rendered with the "Invalid login" feedback message that should appear when the user Luis try to login using the wrong username and password

Best Regards

Hello Vanilson,

Can you share your OML so we can take a look?

If you can't, just create one module with a simple page with your code and replicating the problem that you have.

I'd like to take a look into it.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hello Vanilson,

Can you share your OML so we can take a look?

If you can't, just create one module with a simple page with your code and replicating the problem that you have.

I'd like to take a look into it.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui unfortunately I can't, but I created another login page using the same template and I detected the moment that the FeedbackMessage stops to appear.

The original template for the login page brings the LayoutLogin widget as you can see the image below, but I have a different login page layout, so I remove this widget, when I remove the LayoutLogin widget the message stops to appear

Is the any relation between this widget and the feedback message?

Best Regards

Solution

Hi Vanilson.

Which version you are working on? 

I open a clone of OutSystemsUIWeb module in version 11 and I think I found the relation between that.

The Feedback message widget is placed in LayoutWidgets webblock that is called in LayoutLogin webblock, so if you remove the layouts you remove the reference to Feedback message widget.

Since there is a reference to this widget in the Home screen, the feedback message will be displayed when you are redirected to that screen.

I suggest you to keep the layoutlogin in your login page.

Solution

It is what I said before.

You changed the stabdard layout and removed the RichWidgets feedback widget that is usually in the bottom.

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hi Vanilson.

I open a clone of OutSystemsUIWeb module in version 11 and I think I found the relation between that.

The Feedback message widget is placed in LayoutWidgets webblock that is called in LayoutLogin webblock, so if you remove the layouts you remove the reference to Feedback message widget.

Since there is a reference to this widget in the Home screen, the feedback message will be displayed when you are redirected to that screen.

Hi Luis,

I'm using version 10.

I keep the LayoutLogin and is working fine.

Best Regards

Nuno Reis wrote:

It is what I said before.

You changed the stabdard layout and removed the RichWidgets feedback widget that is usually in the bottom.

Hi Nuno,

Yes, you are right. 

Best Regards

Hi  Valinson.

Good to know that it solve your problem. Did you understand why you have that Issue?

Vanilson Lourenço wrote:

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hi Vanilson.

Hi Luis,

I'm using version 10.

I keep the LayoutLogin and is working fine.

Best Regards