How to hide the default example value in the combo box dropdown list

Hi

What I am trying to do is display the default value "Brand" in the list title without it appearing in the list, as it is happening in the image below.

Is this possible?

Im setting the default value "Brand" using the special list option.

Hi Leonardo,

What kind of app are you making? Traditional Web?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Leonardo,

What kind of app are you making? Traditional Web?

Im not exactly making an app, im just trying things and exploring the platform for now, and yes im trying to do this on a tradicional web app.

Hello Leonardo.

What you are trying to do is not possible to do with the Combo Box.
I mean, not easily, because what the Combo box will send to the server is an "identifier" (not necessarily an Entity Identifier), that is defined in its list (Record LIst or Entity, Special List).

What you want is possible to achieve, more easily, in Traditional Web, with the use of an Input associated with the RichWidgets widget Input_AutoComplete, as it works in a different way:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/How-to_Guides/Front-End/How_to_create_a_search_field_with_autocomplete

Cheers. 

P.S. What you are calling "List Title" is not a "title", but the text of the option selected in the Combo box.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

P.S. What you are calling "List Title" is not a "title", but the text of the option selected in the Combo box.

What i was trying to say with that "list title" is that the "Brand" text would be the default value on the combo box text when the page is loaded, but not actually an option to be listed when you press the combo box and it shows all the rows with te options available.

What i'm trying to do is something like this combo box that i saw in this website( https://www.standvirtual.com/carros/?search%5Bnew_used%5D=all ), where they have as the default value the text "Marca" but that text doesn't appear on the options as you can see in the following image.

Basically what im trying to do (not sure if it's possible once again) is something like this text that i set on the prompt option of an input widget, but in a combo box.

Ah, you want a prompt. 

Don't remember if the combo box have a Prompt property, like the Input, but maybe you can add an Extended Property. 

Try 

placeholder

= "your text message" 

In the Extended Properties. 

P. S. But I wod say the only way to achieve what you want is trough the input+inputr_autocomplete I mentioned before, as the input has this possibility (the prompt). 

Any other solution for a combo box will require CSS/JavaScript... 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Ah, you want a prompt. 

Don't remember if the combo box have a Prompt property, like the Input, but maybe you can add an Extended Property. 

Try 

placeholder

= "your text message" 

In the Extended Properties. 

"placeholder

= "your text message" "

This isn't working because "placeholder" isn't being recognized as a property, at least as I did in the following image.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

P. S. But I wod say the only way to achieve what you want is trough the input+inputr_autocomplete I mentioned before, as the input has this possibility (the prompt). 

Any other solution for a combo box will require CSS/JavaScript... 

Yeah, it seems that it is not possible to do this using only combo box properties.

Ty anyway. 

Yep. This is because the combo box is really an HTML Select element and they do not have the Placeholder attribute (that in OutSystems is called Prompt in the Input)