GPS Coordinates

Hi, I am using OS 11 creating a traditional web app.

I am creating a DB Entity (Office) and would like to have an Attribute for the GPS Location (OfficeGPSCoordinates).

Which Data Type should I use in this specific attribute? Any other advice?

Hi João,

The simplest way is to create Latitude and Longitude attributes with Decimal data type.

Daryna Kravets wrote:

Hi João,

The simplest way is to create Latitude and Longitude attributes with Decimal data type.

Hi Daryna, thank you for the fast response!

Despite the fact that the Decimal data type only allows decimals <=8, I will use it (hopefully it won't be a constraint in the attribute since Latitude and Longitude have a wide range of decimals).

João Gomes wrote:

Daryna Kravets wrote:

Hi João,

Despite the fact that the Decimal data type only allows decimals <=8, I will use it (hopefully it won't be a constraint in the attribute since Latitude and Longitude have a wide range of decimals).

You can change this properties:

Daryna Kravets wrote:

João Gomes wrote:

Daryna Kravets wrote:

Hi João,

You can change this properties:

Hi Daryna, it appears to demand only <=8 otherwise an error occurs. Where can I change this property in order to put decimals >8?

João Gomes wrote:

I am creating a DB Entity (Office) and would like to have an Attribute for the GPS Location (OfficeGPSCoordinates).

In location plugin also they have used decimal data type for longitude and latitude.
I will also suggest to use decimal

Thanks

Prajakta

Prajakta Roshankhede wrote:

João Gomes wrote:

In location plugin also they have used decimal data type for longitude and latitude.
I will also suggest to use decimal

Thanks

Prajakta

Thanks Prajakta