Application Theme and Template

Hi

I am developing the custom application, and I want to add custom styling and layout, what is the best way to achieve this in OutSystems?

Thanks in advance

Hi Praveen,

Have you follow this course-

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/courses/63/master-class-on-theme-customizers/

this is a master class on that.


Regards

Rahul Sahu

Solution

Hello Praveen, 

I can suggest you to use The Vanilla template is the correct starting point, since it contains only the minimum required structure


NOTE: When you use the Custom Style guide you can not get the benefit from any existing theme.(means you Can’t benefit from new versions of the base )

I hope you understood my point 

cheers

Srinivas

Solution

Hello friends, 

In the above comments, there are different opinions, am new to OS , plz let me known which is best

thanks

Praveen T wrote:

Hello friends, 

In the above comments, there are different opinions, am new to OS , plz let me known which is best

thanks

If you are new to Outsystems I recommend you to watch an entire guide path from the Front end and Ux-Ui

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/16/becoming-a-front-end-developer-in-outsystems/

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/7/designing-user-delightful-ux-ui/

But also the Developer course

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/courses/114/developing-web-apps-outsystems-11/


Best Regards

Hi Praveen,

let me know leave some topics that will be important you check:

I hope this help you.

Cheers,
Miguel

Hello Praveen,


As I said in the earlier comment if you have everting custom, then you use Vanilla template, and if you customise only somethings then go with London, Dublin , Lisbon etc ..

cheers.

Srinivas Singadi wrote:

Hello Praveen,


As I said in the earlier comment if you have everting custom, then you use Vanilla template, and if you customise only somethings then go with London, Dublin , Lisbon etc ..

cheers.

And also if you need any help to from my side to achieve this let me known I can help you


Srinivas Singadi wrote:

Srinivas Singadi wrote:

Hello Praveen,


As I said in the earlier comment if you have everting custom, then you use Vanilla template, and if you customise only somethings then go with London, Dublin , Lisbon etc ..

cheers.

And also if you need any help to from my side to achieve this let me known I can help you


thank you srinivas