Get Data from Popup Editor Widget

Get Data from Popup Editor Widget

Hi Everyone,

i need to use a popup editor widget to set additional data to a previous screen action.

Something like:
- Click link in a screen (A);

- Open link to another screen (B) with Popup Editor... This screen has a text box were i set it value;

- Notify screen (A) and close screen (B);

- Use data written in screen (B) text box inside the screen (A).

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Pedro Gonçalves

Hi Pedro,

yes it is possible, and there are several ways to do that, and some of them depends on wich platform version you are using.

If you're using the RichWidgets\Popup_Editor you can use the parameter "argument" from Popup_Editor_Notify action

RNA

Thank you Ricardo,

Yes i'm using the parameter "argument" from Popup_Editor_Notify action. But in the action that is executed after the notifying it seems i'm not receiving the value. It is allways an empty string.

What am i doing wrong? Any idea?

Cheers,

Pedro
Ricardo,

Sorry i forgot to say that my version is 5.0.2.6.

Any idea on how can i do that?

Cheers,

Pedro
Are you using the NotifyWidgetGetMessage() function?

Thank you Ricardo,

in fact that was the reason! I wasn't using the "NotifyWidgetGetMessage()" function.
Now it works as expected.

Cheers,
Pedro
Cool!

RNA
Hi everyone,

this time i have a popup editor widget that opens a web screen with some fields. After that i choose some fields and click a button.
Inside the button's action i'm using the popup editor notify action argument to send a text value to the previous screen.

I should get the value inside the action specified on Popup Editor Widget's Destination property.
The action seems not beeing called...

Any idea of what should i be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Pedro Gonçalves
Hi Pedro,

can you isolate that screens and attach the espace so someone can see?

RNA
Hi Ricardo,

in fact i'm trying to reproduce the behavior in another eSpace to simplify the eSpace and everything is working as expected...
I'm not understanding what can be causing this behavior... The action is not called no matters what i do...

I'll try to reproduce the behavior and then attach the eSpace... because i can't attach the Project eSpace... :(

Best regards,
Pedro Gonçalves
Hello, all.

It seems the Popup_Editor_Notify  action doesn't work with multiple line inputs. I'm getting a javascript error.

Are there any known workarounds for this?

Thanks in advance.

Pedro Parreira
Hi Pedro,

What version of the platform and richwidgets are you using.
I remember fixing that long time ago.

Regards,
João Rosado