Hi , I need help in pdf conversion

Actually i am using ultimate pdf forge component in my web application and my requirement is to translate language of  the page and download it into pdf for translation of the page I am using multilingual resources . So my doubt is how to get the translated data into pdf ? 

Can anyone help me in this 

We are using this forge component ... https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/209/html2pdfconverter

Steps: 

1. Install modules and dlls on the server

2. Develop an anonymous web page with the PDF content

1. Screen content
  2. Security module since the page must be anonymous
  3. Pass in the Local in order to Switch on the language translations using Outsystems translations

Rebecca Hall wrote:

We are using this forge component ... https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/209/html2pdfconverter

Steps: 

1. Screen content
  3. Pass in the Local in order to Switch on the language translations using Outsystems translations

Hi Rebecca,

Are you able to get the translated html content in your pdf ? With this forge component

Can someone help me with this 

I have few questions/suggestions added to solution given by Rebecca:

1. is your page is dynamic or it has static content. (content which is already in your multilingual resource file)

2. If its not static, you can use External API to translate.

3. After translate you can implement Rebecca's suggestion via creating new Screen and use forge to convert that to pdf.

Abdul quadir Saifee wrote:

I have few questions/suggestions added to solution given by Rebecca:

1. is your page is dynamic or it has static content. (content which is already in your multilingual resource file)

2. If its not static, you can use External API to translate.

3. After translate you can implement Rebecca's suggestion via creating new Screen and use forge to convert that to pdf.

Hi Abdul,

Resource file has all the data of the translation and I am using a drop-down for changing the language.so my doubt is how to get that translated data inside my pdf because I am totally new to pdf conversion.

Thanks

I am trying to create a sample for you. will get back to you once done.

I have below ques before creating sample:

1. Do you have any button to generate PDF on screen.

2. User will be able to see translated Screen and then click on button to generate PDF.

3. are you using PrintToPDF method of UltimatePDF to generate PDF binary?

Have you tried to use a parameter in the screen to fill the same variable you are using in the drop-down?

I have below ques before creating sample:

1. Do you have any button to generate PDF on screen.

2. User will be able to see translated Screen and then click on button to generate PDF.

3. are you using PrintToPDF method of UltimatePDF to generate PDF binary?

I am having a link to navigate to the pdf screen to preview .

I am using Print to PDF method 

Thanks 

Hi Ummul,

I think Rebecca has put in a very neat explanation to achieve this. Could you please try following with your existing component?

1. Make your screen anonymous

2. Add input parameter to your screen as locale

3. In the preparation call SetCurrentLocale by passing the input parameter received

4. Pass the URL with input parameter and it's value like https://host/Module/Screen.aspx?locale=en-US

Akshay Puri wrote:

Hi Ummul,

I think Rebecca has put in a very neat explanation to achieve this. Could you please try following with your existing component?

1. Make your screen anonymous

2. Add input parameter to your screen as locale

3. In the preparation call SetCurrentLocale by passing the input parameter received

4. Pass the URL with input parameter and it's value like https://host/Module/Screen.aspx?locale=en-US

Hi Akshay,

I need to add input parameter in pdf screen and in preparation I have to setcurrent locale .

Can you please elaborate and say i think this is were I got strucked 

Thanks 

The PDF screen is a screen as any other. 

Add an input parameter : 

Are you using traditional web or reactive?

I have attached the OML for which i have done till now . Can anyone tell me what to do in steps or edit the OML which will be helpful

Thanks

Maria da Graça Peixoto wrote:

The PDF screen is a screen as any other. 

Add an input parameter : 

Are you using traditional web or reactive?

Traditional web application

I am trying to create a sample for you. will get back to you once done.

Yess thank you 

Solution

Hi Ummul,

Please check the attached oml, if it helps.

Solution

Akshay Puri wrote:

Hi Ummul,

Please check the attached oml, if it helps.

Thanks Akshay it worked 

Ummul Fazaria wrote:

Rebecca Hall wrote:

Steps: 

1. Screen content

Hi Rebecca,

Are you able to get the translated html content in your pdf ? With this forge component

Translations happen the same as other web pages in Outsystems via the translations.  The exception is content that you have in your tables and it could required additional coding to include the translations.