Hello,

In some tests I created on the platform, the Client Action doesn't appear, can you explain why?

Thank You

Hi,

Can you give us more details?

If you try put a client action in server action, you can't. But maybe you can give us more details, or send some pic.
Cheers

Hi Karina,

Can you explain a little more about your issue? What type of application did you create for your tests? Could you share some screenshots or a module file?

Hello Karina,

Can you please be more specific? Where does that happen? Can you share a print?

Karina Ferreira wrote:

Hello,

In some tests I created on the platform, the Client Action doesn't appear, can you explain why?

Thank You

Karina Ferreira wrote:

Hello,

Thank You

H Karina,

Can you give us more details? We all want to help but its to vague to get a proper answer

Hello Karina.

Probably those tests are of type Tradicional Web. There is no concept of Client Action in Tradicional. That is a Mobile/Reactive Thing.

They are easy to spot because the icon is a large screen, while Mobile is a smartphone and Reactive is two devices.

See the difference?

Hi Karina.

Like Nuno said, you're probably using a Traditional Web Application. In this type of applications, the logic is always executed Server Side. There are no client actions and there is no distinction between client side (device or browser) and server side.

For web applications, you have 2 types: Traditional Web Applications and Reactive Web Applications.

Let me share this video which explains the major differences between these 2 types of applications: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrPKWf7fnI8&feature=youtu.be

Additionally, you have Mobile Applications, which are specific type for the development of applications to be used in mobile devices.

Both Mobile Applications and Reactive Web Applications work in the same way: the logic is executed both in server side and client side and the client-side rendering is reactive (it reacts to changes instantly). In these applications, there is a distinction between the client actions and the server actions.

That's why you can see the client actions in your Service Studio according to the type of application you are using.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hi Karina.

Like Nuno said, you're probably using a Traditional Web Application. In this type of applications, the logic is always executed Server Side. There are no client actions and there is no distinction between client side (device or browser) and server side.

For web applications, you have 2 types: Traditional Web Applications and Reactive Web Applications.

Let me share this video which explains the major differences between these 2 types of applications: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrPKWf7fnI8&feature=youtu.be

Additionally, you have Mobile Applications, which are specific type for the development of applications to be used in mobile devices.

Both Mobile Applications and Reactive Web Applications work in the same way: the logic is executed both in server side and client side and the client-side rendering is reactive (it reacts to changes instantly). In these applications, there is a distinction between the client actions and the server actions.

That's why you can see the client actions in your Service Studio according to the type of application you are using.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

thank you all for the answers

Yes, I am studying the Traditional Web Developer, in the 24 hs course he did not mention Actions Actions, but I started to study the separate courses and in this link https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/2037/client-variables , he talks about Client, so I started to research about it and I was a little lost.

So, are customer actions and their variables for mobile apps?

Solution

If you mean the "Developing Web Apps (OutSystems 11)", it is focused on the Traditional Web. Even one of the multiple-choice questions has a different answer in Tradicional and Reactive and they go for the Tradicional one as correct.

Client Actions are a replacement for JavaScript. You do them on-screen to replace small bits of code related to screen.

You can also do them in the Logic section. Those are a replacement for JS libraries that are used across the project.

I'd advise you to focus on one type for now. Traditional or Reactive.

Tradicional is more, well, traditional. The concepts are easier to follow for people with training as developers.

If you plan on doing Mobile in the near future, then go for Reactive. Because Mobile is almost the same Reactive and you don't need to learn two ways when one is enough.

Solution

Nuno Reis wrote:

If you mean the "Developing Web Apps (OutSystems 11)", it is focused on the Traditional Web. Even one of the multiple-choice questions has a different answer in Tradicional and Reactive and they go for the Tradicional one as correct.

Client Actions are a replacement for JavaScript. You do them on-screen to replace small bits of code related to screen.

You can also do them in the Logic section. Those are a replacement for JS libraries that are used across the project.

I'd advise you to focus on one type for now. Traditional or Reactive.

Tradicional is more, well, traditional. The concepts are easier to follow for people with training as developers.

If you plan on doing Mobile in the near future, then go for Reactive. Because Mobile is almost the same Reactive and you don't need to learn two ways when one is enough.

Yes, at the moment I am focused on Developing Web Aplication 11, it happens that I went to study the separate courses and I may have followed some course that is not focused on my studies, because as I understand it now, actions and variables client are not part of, correct?

Could you explain more about what you mean by this?

" it is focused on the Traditional Web. Even one of the multiple-choice questions has a different answer in Tradicional and Reactive and they go for the Tradicional one as correct."

I'm studying hard to pass the test.

Thanks again

The site has a lot of content and is easy to get lost. Maybe stick to the Guided Path for now. It is enough for the Associate Web Certification.

If you are going to the Traditional exam, forget the Client stuff.

Sure. I'm not telling things from the exam, only from the quiz of the course.

The very final question asks how to create a List and a Detail screen. In Tradicional, you must drag the Entity once to create the List screen and a second time to create the detail. In Reactive you drag once and they both show up.

Well, the question is this one:

If you played with Reactive and got distracted while watching the video, you may choose option A when in the context of Traditional it is B.

Nuno Reis wrote:

The site has a lot of content and is easy to get lost. Maybe stick to the Guided Path for now. It is enough for the Associate Web Certification.

If you are going to the Traditional exam, forget the Client stuff.

Sure. I'm not telling things from the exam, only from the quiz of the course.

The very final question asks how to create a List and a Detail screen. In Tradicional, you must drag the Entity once to create the List screen and a second time to create the detail. In Reactive you drag once and they both show up.

Well, the question is this one:

If you played with Reactive and got distracted while watching the video, you may choose option A when in the context of Traditional it is B.

Oh yes, I got to test it as soon as I started studying.
Thanks for the replies