Hi Experts,

How can i refresh my main page using the close button on the popup?

JA wrote:

Hi Experts,

How can i refresh my main page using the close button on the popup?

Hi,

Use custom X link and call notify action and on parent window implement the handler to refresh the page.

Hi JA,

Same questions around closing the Popup_Editor have been asked before here on the forum.

I believe this post provides all the answers.

Short answer is, you cannot trigger a refresh by closing the Popup_Editor using the X mark on top, but you could enable the input HideCloseButton in order to hide the X on top. 

Instead you could use a Close button or link in which you place the Popup_Editor_Notify action just before the Popup_Editor_Close action in your Action Flow. This way you can trigger the OnNotify action of the parent screen where you can refresh the data and the UI.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin 

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Nordin,

Thanks for your reply,

The reason that I ask is that there is a big gap/height on the head.

Hi JA,

Same questions around closing the Popup_Editor have been asked before here on the forum.

I believe this post provides all the answers.

Short answer is, you cannot trigger a refresh by closing the Popup_Editor using the X mark on top, but you could enable the input HideCloseButton in order to hide the X on top. 

Instead you could use a Close button or link in which you place the Popup_Editor_Notify action just before the Popup_Editor_Close action in your Action Flow. This way you can trigger the OnNotify action of the parent screen where you can refresh the data and the UI.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin 

Solution

Hi JA,

Yes, It is possible to trigger the OnNotify action of the parent screen, On closing the Popup_Editor using the X mark on the top

Refer this Post:  https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/17221/call-an-action-when-close-a-popup-window-how-to-associate-it/#Post65981

Thanks and solution credit to @Luciano Schiavo

Follow the below Steps:

1) Set the Popup_Editor HideCloseButton property value to False (Default value)

2) In the property section of the Popup Screen, Put the following command in the onunload event at the extended properties:

"parent.OsNotifyWidget(parent.RichWidgets_Popup_Editor_notifyWidget,'" + EncodeJavaScript("closed") + "');"

3) On closing the Popup_Editor using the X mark on the top, this script will call the respective parent Notify action from where you can refresh the screen data and UI section...... Hurray It's done :)

Check this: DemoPopupScreen

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Solution

Thank for sharing this Benjith. I guess I have learned something new today. :)

It is a bit of a hacky kind of solution, but it still does the job.

I cannot edit my above post anymore, but I guess my answer should have been: there is no easy way to trigger a refresh of the parent screen by clicking on the X mark (close link) of a Popup_Editor screen.

Regards,

Nordin

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi JA,

Yes, It is possible to trigger the OnNotify action of the parent screen, On closing the Popup_Editor using the X mark on the top

Refer this Post:  https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/17221/call-an-action-when-close-a-popup-window-how-to-associate-it/#Post65981

Thanks and solution credit to @Luciano Schiavo

Follow the below Steps:

1) Set the Popup_Editor HideCloseButton property value to False (Default value)

2) In the property section of the Popup Screen, Put the following command in the onunload event at the extended properties:

"parent.OsNotifyWidget(parent.RichWidgets_Popup_Editor_notifyWidget,'" + EncodeJavaScript("closed") + "');"

3) On closing the Popup_Editor using the X mark on the top, this script will call the respective parent Notify action from where you can refresh the screen data and UI section...... Hurray It's done :)

Check this: DemoPopupScreen

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Ben,

The solution works perfectly.

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Thank for sharing this Benjith. I guess I have learned something new today. :)

It is a bit of a hacky kind of solution, but it still does the job.

I cannot edit my above post anymore, but I guess my answer should have been: there is no easy way to trigger a refresh of the parent screen by clicking on the X mark (close link) of a Popup_Editor screen.

Regards,

Nordin

You're most welcome, Nordin :)

Regards,

Benjith Sam

JA wrote:

Hi Ben,

The solution works perfectly.

I'm happy that it helped you :)

Regards,

Benjith Sam