Unavailable feature: Environment does not support SAML authentication

I have a  personal environment

Version 11.8.0 (Build 12006) as per Service Center.

Version 11.7.6 Build 17803 as per service studio>Help>About

I have been using this without any issues for the past 3 months.

Today, when I was creating a new Reactive Web Application, I got the following error, before even creating a screen.

About a week ago, I got the same error while launching a .oml file from the forum.

My users application has the default 'internal only' configuration. I am not interested in SAML configuration.

Earlier today, there was no problem in launching a quick start application package from the reactive web developer path.

Hi George,

You should try and install the latest OutSystems UI and OutSystems UI Templates Reactive from the Forge.

More information can be found here.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

@Nordin,

I think George point is he does not want to use SAML configuration for reactive web.

@George,

You should check your Users application and see what is the authentication method selected, sound like it is set to SAML 2.0, so you can change it back to Internal only.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Hi Daniël,

I did understand George does not want to use SAML Authentication.

I once had that same ‘Unavailable Feature’ error in a Reactive Application, even though I also had the authentication configuration in Users set to ‘Internal Only’. George also mentioned he had the same default configuration set in Users.

If I remember correctly, I fixed it by installing the latest OutSystems UI Templates Reactive.

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Daniël,

I did understand George does not want to use SAML Authentication.

I once had that same ‘Unavailable Feature’ error in a Reactive Application, even though I also had the authentication configuration in Users set to ‘Internal Only’. George also mentioned he had the same default configuration set in Users.

If I remember correctly, I fixed it by installing the latest OutSystems UI Templates Reactive.

Regards,

Nordin

Thanks Nordin and Daniel. 

After installing the latest UI Templates Reactive, the issue was resolved. 

I would like to add that the error message mentioning SAML authentication is misleading. One happy outcome from this issue was that I got to learn what is SAML. I had never looked at the user authentication configuration drop down items earlier; it is staying as default 'internal only'  always.

Nordin Ahdi wrote;

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Ok clear, I did not understand that from your first reply.

I do think this is a weird behaviour, of OutSystems.

Regards,.

Daniel