Time Reporting

Hi everyone,

i'm new using outsystems and probably someone of you already have faced this question.
I'm developing an application in which the company's collaborator will access every week to report the time they spent every day, client, start time, and so on...

After that, the report must be exported to an excel file which as one template already defined...

How can i do that? Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Pedro Gonçalves

Hi Pedro,

Your asking a pretty broad question :)

Assuming that you're looking for a solution that will allowyour team to track the work and report the time spent in each task, I would definatly recommend that you use the Agile Network's Projects.

This tool allows you to manage work items, assign them to team members that can pick them up and report the time and effort that they need to complete them. Here's an example of a what a time sheet looks like in the Agile Network Projects:

Best,
Mário
Hi Mário thank you,

that's true. This is a good idea but i think there are one problem. The time reporting is only one feature from a bigger OutSystems application i'm developing. And this time reporting must integrate with Company's clients and Prospects in application for example.

In the end of the month it should be possible to export timesheet report to an excel file using a template.

I think that using timesheet in Agile networks it wont be possible. Am i wrong?

Any idea on how to solve my problem..

Cheers

Pedro Gonçalves

Hi Pedro,

Let me try to understand... Your question is how do I export data to excel using an existing template?

Best,
Mário
Hi Mário,

There are 2 questions:

You are correct, "how do I export data to excel using an existing template?" is one of them!

The other question is "how can i develop a good timesheet because The time reporting is only one feature from a bigger OutSystems application i'm developing. And this time reporting must integrate with Company's clients and Prospects in application for example"...

Best regards,
Pedro

Hi Pedro,

If you want to create a more complex excel report than the ones that the platform natively allows, you could consider Microsoft SQL Reporting Services. There is already a thread about this in the forums.

I still don't understand your second question.

Best,
Mário
Thank you Mario,

seems to be a good solution. I'll check it!

The second question is:

First of all: With Agile network timesheet, is it possible to integrate with other application? I think it is not possible... Am i wrong?

So i'm asking for an idea on how to develop a timesheet solution... Where company's collaborator can check his projects and assign the timesheet in each project.

Best regards,
Pedro

Hi Pedro,

I'm affraid there's no public API provided by Agile Network projects.

Best Regards,
Mário
Hi Mário,

thank you for your help. As i expected... I'll have to develop it from scratch! :D

Best regards,

Pedro Gonçalves

Hi,

I just sumbled on this one: http://www.pivotaltracker.com/help/api. It's pretty known in the Scrum community.

Check it out.

Best,
Mário

Hi Mario,

Thank you for the tip. I'll check the API!

Best regards,
Pedro