Reporting Services will not install on Vista

Reporting Services will not install on Vista

When I try to install the Reporting Services, I get the following message.

The error appears to be with Vista rights.  I am running as an admin and I am completely stumped.  I have not had this issue before installing any software.

Any thoughts?

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 6.0.6000.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 2.0.50727.3603
    System.Deployment.dll         : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    mscorwks.dll             : 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    dfdll.dll             : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    dfshim.dll             : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : file:///C:/Users/Andy/Desktop/ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.application
    Deployment Provider url        : http://www.agilereportingservices.com/Download/5.0/Installers/ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.application
                        Server        : Microsoft-IIS/6.0
                        X-Powered-By    : ASP.NET
    Application url            : http://www.agilereportingservices.com/Download/5.0/Installers/ReportStudio.AutoUpdate_5_0_0_1/ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.exe.manifest
                        Server        : Microsoft-IIS/6.0
                        X-Powered-By    : ASP.NET

IDENTITIES
    Deployment Identity        : ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.application, Version=5.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=942703a588848acd, processorArchitecture=msil
    Application Identity        : ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.exe, Version=5.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=942703a588848acd, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
    * Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\Andy\Desktop\ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + The requested operation requires elevation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800702E4)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [4/12/2010 10:43:53 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\Andy\Desktop\ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.application has started.
    * [4/12/2010 10:44:07 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
    * [4/12/2010 10:44:07 AM] : Installation of the application has started.
    * [4/12/2010 10:44:07 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
    * [4/12/2010 10:44:16 AM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
    * [4/12/2010 10:44:19 AM] : Downloading of subscription dependencies is complete.
    * [4/12/2010 10:44:19 AM] : Commit of the downloaded application has started.
    * [4/12/2010 10:44:19 AM] : Installation of application has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [4/12/2010 10:44:20 AM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
        - The requested operation requires elevation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800702E4)
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    * Transaction at [4/12/2010 10:44:19 AM]
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationStageComponent
            - HRESULT: 0x0
            - Manifest: T2QCXQJP.GPM.application
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
            - Manifest: ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.exe.manifest
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationStageComponentFile
            - File: ReportStudio.ico
            - File: FileListDownload.xml
            - File: ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.exe.config
            - Manifest: ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.exe.genman
            - File: ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.exe
            - Manifest: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll.genman
            - File: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationInstallDeployment
            - AppId: http://www.agilereportingservices.com/Download/5.0/Installers/ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.application#ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.application, Version=5.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=942703a588848acd, processorArchitecture=msil
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)

Hi Andrew,

I had this exact same problem on Windows 7. I 'solved' this by opening a command window (CMD) with 'Run as Administrator...' and then I open the .application file from there.

Hopefully someone finds a better solution, but until then this is workable.

Kind regards,
Lennart

Lennart,
     Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Andrew
Hello Andrew,

If you're still having problems with ARS, please submit them @ http://epopeia.com/page/support - We'll be there for you!

Best regards,

Afonso Metello
Managing Partner, R&D
Hi Afonso!

Great job you are doing, and I'm glad to see so many activity surrounding your components - it's well deserved!

I was thinking that, in case you find a quick workaround or solution for these problems, one thing that could be done would be to add the answers and troubleshooting sections to the Component page here, since more people will definitely stumble in them and can benefit from the explanations, thus easing the adoption and trial of your components. How about that? :)

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hello Paulo,

Thank you for your praise and suggestion.

We actually use GetSatisfaction to centralize and host our support community, but at the same time it makes perfect sense to somehow synchronize
the knowledge base and common problems regarding our OutSystems products with the Agile Network - and I've just done that!!

As suggested, Agile Reporting Services product page now has a Support & TroubleShooting chapter in sync with our support system.

Thank you and I hope this is useful.

Best Regards,

Afonso Metello
Managing Partner, R&D @ Epopeia 
Hi Afonso,

Great stuff - thanks for the quick reply and implementation! This will surely help.

I'm not sure how you're doing this - probably an RSS feed of sorts? - but it would also be useful if the "Popular" questions were there somehow, à la F.A.Q. :) Well... maybe later, who knows.

Keep it up, and see you at the NextStep!

Paulo Tavares