Views
Comments
Solved
'Unrecognized Message Version' when calling SOAP webservice
Question

Hi there,

At the moment I am consuming a SOAP webservice in OutSystems in a Service Module. The consuming of the webservice is going ok (as you can see in the screenshot below. 

I made a simple flow (in a Reactive web application) to check if the calling of the webservice is going ok and attached this flow to a button on my screen (check flow in screenshot below), but there I get the error message presented and I don't know what is causing this issue and googling the error message didn't get me much further either. Has anyone ever run into this problem? And does anyone have any ideas how I can debug this error? How can I see what OutSystems is receiving? That way I might be able to find out what's going wrong One more note to add; when I consume the web service in SoapUI, I do get the answer I expect (see one of the screenshots below).

Logging is set to full but does not show much more information.

SoapUI Response:

Solution

It seemed to be an issue within our internal logging system. I do not know the exact cause of it, but all our SOAP requests are getting logged. One of the rules in the logging script caused this error message.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Bart,

The logging "Full" means that the Integration Log contains more information, but you seem to show the Error Log here. Can you also check the Integration Log? Thanks.

mvp_badge
MVP

Yeah, the SOAP logging is a bit weird sometimes, and it doesn't show the full trace, quite annoying...

mvp_badge
MVP

Well, we use a SOAP logging component that allows logging the actual SOAP requests in a database Entity, so that would be a possibility. Unfortunately, it's not currently in an Application so it's difficult to include here (as it also includes an Extension).

Solution

It seemed to be an issue within our internal logging system. I do not know the exact cause of it, but all our SOAP requests are getting logged. One of the rules in the logging script caused this error message.