Hello developers,

I have created a service module that is meant to be consumed by a large number of other modules. It provides read-only entities and some roles. However, I want those roles to be read-only as well. Is that possible?

Currently I have exposed only a hasread function for the roles but those are not that easily usable in screens.

Thanks in advance,

Sjoerd

Hello Sjoerd.

Unlike Entities that you can create as Private, Public Read Only or Public, Roles are not that flexible.

You can make a role private and create your own Grant/Check/Revoke actions. If you only create Check, you have it ReadOnly.

The disadvantage is that in Screens, yes, you must do the validation logic in preparation.

(that could be an entry at the Ideas section).

Nuno Reis wrote:

Hello Sjoerd.

Unlike Entities that you can create as Private, Public Read Only or Public, Roles are not that flexible.

You can make a role private and create your own Grant/Check/Revoke actions. If you only create Check, you have it ReadOnly.

The disadvantage is that in Screens, yes, you must do the validation logic in preparation.

(that could be an entry at the Ideas section).

Hi Nuno,

Thanks for confirming what I was afraid for. I will add this to the ideas section as it would speed up development a lot.

Have a nice evening.

Sjoerd