I am new in agileplatform and need help !!! Plz..

I am new in agileplatform and need help !!! Plz..

I am starting with a login and password page where I will give permission to get access a certain amount of users, they will have an option after first login to change their password. This access will be only for staff. After login I need to develop a page with the student information from where he is and where he has been and what date to what date live, studied and work (Dates). I want this all information save in my database(agile) and want to retrieve by filtering the data if necessary.

How can I connect to internet after the pages completion? Do I have to buy a domain name to connect to my webpages and database??? Please help me I will be very thankful ...  This is my first time asking someone help as I want to use agileplatform.

Many thanks for attention my friends/ Professionals.

Salman
Hi Salman,

Welcome to our network and welcome to OutSystems world.

From what i understood you question is how and where to host your OS application, so check this post  http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?Topic=Hosting-an-application-developed-in-OS

RNA.
Hi Salman.

Welcome to the OutSystems forums, first of all.

I am not sure of the answer you are looking for, so let me try to see what I can do for you.

The Agile Platform consists of a development environment (Service Studio), an integration environment (Integration Studio), and a running environment (Platform Server). As such, you do need a server for the applications to run. In Service Studio, you can connect to external webpages at will, as well as webpages from your own application. These are all easily done in Service Studio.

You can install the Community Edition it in your local pc, it will work fine. It will install the server and a database for you.

In case you want to make your application available to other people later on, those people can either connect to your local PC externally - you would have to setup your PC to be accessible to the internet, probably purchasing a domain would be a good idea, as well as a contract in a hosting service. You can also put it in the cloud. However, none of these are necessary - especially if you just want to make it accessible to others inside your organization/network, since they already can access your computer.

I'm not sure if this helps, but it's my best shot.

Let me know if you need more help - today and tomorrow are going to be busy days, because of our NextStep event, but someone will answer you for sure!

Regards, and good luck.

Paulo Tavares