delete external folder using file pludgin

i'm new using outsystems service studio 11 to create android mobile apps. i try to delete folder in external storage

when i try to run and i got error Could not load pre-bundle resources: manifest data is null on error log. how do I fix it ? thnks

Hi daddy effendi,

Can you confirm that you were able to create your APK application bundle and install it on your device? When does it give you that error? Is it when you run the application or when you try to run the Delete Directory logic?

As per the Plugin's documentation:

This plugin implements a File API allowing read/write access to the files in the folders within the application. I.e., each application has a sandbox and a set of folders accessible in that sandbox.

Note:  This plugin does not provide root access.

My first take was that this plugin will not allow access to external storage. But by analyzing the Cordova File Plugin info and this this post on the Support forum for the component, there seems to be a solution to access the external storage root on Android, have you followed it?

Hope this helps

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi daddy effendi,

Can you confirm that you were able to create your APK application bundle and install it on your device? When does it give you that error? Is it when you run the application or when you try to run the Delete Directory logic?

As per the Plugin's documentation:

This plugin implements a File API allowing read/write access to the files in the folders within the application. I.e., each application has a sandbox and a set of folders accessible in that sandbox.

Note:  This plugin does not provide root access.

My first take was that this plugin will not allow access to external storage. But by analyzing the Cordova File Plugin info and this this post on the Support forum for the component, there seems to be a solution to access the external storage root on Android, have you followed it?

Hope this helps

i've install it in my device using generate debug / realease apk, when i run it my apps and i want to delete my folder i've got an empty error on my device. So that i open my eror log on browser and show that eror.

To be clear:

• your application does not show you an error when you open it?
  • It only shows the error when you try to delete the folder?

That error does not seem to be specific to your use of DeleteDirectory, more to do with your mobile app not being generated correctly...

Can you please check for logs/errors in the Monitoring->Mobile Apps logs? Those are generated by the Mobile App Builder Service (MABS) that is responsible for generating the APK.

--

In any case, the path you are using is incorrect (as per my previous post). Please try adapting the instructions I linked to to your specific case (building your Path from the cordova.file.externalRootDirectory variable you can access from within JavaScript).

Jorge Martins wrote:

To be clear:

• It only shows the error when you try to delete the folder?

That error does not seem to be specific to your use of DeleteDirectory, more to do with your mobile app not being generated correctly...

Can you please check for logs/errors in the Monitoring->Mobile Apps logs? Those are generated by the Mobile App Builder Service (MABS) that is responsible for generating the APK.

--

In any case, the path you are using is incorrect (as per my previous post). Please try adapting the instructions I linked to to your specific case (building your Path from the cordova.file.externalRootDirectory variable you can access from within JavaScript).

• answer : when i open, it not eror. but when i try to delete folder. my mobile apps not show eror mesage
  • it only shows the error when you try to delete the folder?
  • answer : edit: it not show error, but it did not show error message althought i display eror message when i try delete folder using my mobile apps

in log error said i've got eror : Could not load pre-bundle resources: manifest data is null

how should i fill in the path column to delete folder named "Outsystems" ?