Hi, I have several apps that might use the same logic action, that logic option might use several API endpoints.

The concept is in the image.

But I want to config: 

• App_A will use API_Module_2 QA env and API_Module_3 QA env
  • App_C will use API_Module_2 QA env and API_Module_3 STG env

There is 1 way I can think of is passing Base URL and URL Path of 2 APIs from the top layer (Application) to Core_Module and finally pass to API_Module. But I don't think this is a good way for long-term development.

Is there any method to achieve this concept other than my method? Thanks!

Logan wrote:

Hi, I have several apps that might use the same logic action, that logic option might use several API endpoints.

But I want to config: 

There is 1 way I can think of is passing Base URL and URL Path of 2 APIs from the top layer (Application) to Core_Module and finally pass to API_Module. But I don't think this is a good way for long-term development.

You can pass an InputParameter to your action and inside of the action using a Switch choose the API you need to call

Check if is something like that you need

Best Regards

Carlos Lessa

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Logan wrote:

But I want to config: 

You can pass an InputParameter to your action and inside of the action using a Switch choose the API you need to call

Best Regards

Carlos Lessa

Hi Carlos,

This seems promising, but how do we detect application?

And every new application will be added to switch operator?

Hi Logan,

First of all, let me tell you your example seems a bit off to me, as in general QA/STG/PROD isn't something the developer of an application would choose directly (those are deployment considerations, for DevOps to make the call). But assuming there's a reason for this...

Option 1

The simplest way would be for Core_Module_C to expose that flexibility to its consumers by allowing them to provide that info as input parameters. This way, every time App X calls an action from Core_Module_C, it would pass which API Module X version they'd want to use (not the endpoints, just stating the environment to use for each API Module).

Option 2

Another approach would be to use something akin to the registration process several API providers offer (like Google, Facebook, etc...)

Core_Module_C would have a Registration UI for developers to register applications that want to use it, where you can configure any API access you need and generate a unique Secret Key/Token/Identifier, all of this per application.

Then in your application you could store that Secret Key/Token/Identifier in a Site property and use it when calling Core_Module_C.

That way Core_Module_C can check what are the configurations for that app and use them when calling any of the API modules.

Hope this helps!

Logan wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Logan wrote:

But I want to config: 

Best Regards

Carlos Lessa

Hi Carlos,

This seems promising, but how do we detect application?

And every new application will be added to switch operator?

Good I could help, now if my answer or other person answers helps you to answer or solve your question, choose the one that help you most and mark that as the solution. 

Best regards

Carlos Lessa