Hey guys, I'm really new to OutSystems and I may very well be asking a dumb question, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to edit (add and remove) data from parts of the Database.

Some Context:

I'm trying to develop an app and wanted to have it's backoffice based on a template I found called "Cases" (https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/584/cases) and I've been editing what I need here and there, but I want to add more information that needs to be stored for the user, and remove irrelevant ones for me. I will attach a screenshot, but in essence, I can edit half of the database the other half is under a sub folder named "System" and those are grayed out, I can't edit, add or remove anything from them. Is there a reason for this? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Hi Tiago,

It is not possible to edit System entities (tables)... What you can do is create a new table that expands the User one where you could save more user information. For example you could create a table called UserInfo with the primary key being the UserId.

Regards,

Hi Tiago,

You can't change those because has the names suggests they are system entities and can't be changed. But extend the users table is a common use case. You can check in this document how to do it.

Regards,

Marcelo

Tiago Afonso wrote:

Hey guys, I'm really new to OutSystems and I may very well be asking a dumb question, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to edit (add and remove) data from parts of the Database.

Some Context:

I'm trying to develop an app and wanted to have it's backoffice based on a template I found called "Cases" (https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/584/cases) and I've been editing what I need here and there, but I want to add more information that needs to be stored for the user, and remove irrelevant ones for me. I will attach a screenshot, but in essence, I can edit half of the database the other half is under a sub folder named "System" and those are grayed out, I can't edit, add or remove anything from them. Is there a reason for this? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Hi Tiago, you can extend the User table to add the necessary extra fields. check the example bellow

I would advise that when you have extra time, follow the online training (Reactive Web, Mobile, Traditional Web) that will give a lot of information and help on your projects(in case you didn't)

Hope I could help you

Best Regards

Carlos Lessa

Thank you so much! All of your replies were very helpful, I believe I managed to fix it now :)