[File Plugin] tutorial how to get create and delete in internal and external storage

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 2018-10-16 by Pedro Oliveira
6 votes
Published on 2018-10-16 by Pedro Oliveira

hi,,, im deddy and i really new using outsystems for mobile development tools, i want to create or delete file in internal or external android storage. could give me an simple tutorial how to do that ?

thnks

HI Deddy,


Its very simple as extension given method to do it please see below.

1.Create Directory
2.Create File
3.Delete File 




i want to ask create directory first  

1. what action do you use on  RequestDirectoryFromFileSystem   ?

2.  can you show me detail of createDirectories action especially in path and storagetypeId column ? 

3. what which storage do you create, is external or internal storage ?

 i still confuse on createDirectory what path i should use if i want to create it in external / internal. thanks

 


deddy effendi wrote:

i want to ask create directory first  

1. what action do you use on  RequestDirectoryFromFileSystem   ?

2.  can you show me detail of createDirectories action especially in path and storagetypeId column ? 

3. what which storage do you create, is external or internal storage ?

 i still confuse on createDirectory what path i should use if i want to create it in external / internal. thanks

 



Name:-Directory name to be created, e.g Docs
Path:-Path where the Directory will be created, e.g Files/Recent
StorageType:-Identifies the Storage type, Internal or External (this is only for Android)-from StorageType static entity (Internal Or External)




Salman Ansari wrote:

deddy effendi wrote:

i want to ask create directory first  

1. what action do you use on  RequestDirectoryFromFileSystem   ?

2.  can you show me detail of createDirectories action especially in path and storagetypeId column ? 

3. what which storage do you create, is external or internal storage ?

 i still confuse on createDirectory what path i should use if i want to create it in external / internal. thanks

 



Name:-Directory name to be created, e.g Docs
Path:-Path where the Directory will be created, e.g Files/Recent
StorageType:-Identifies the Storage type, Internal or External (this is only for Android)-from StorageType static entity (Internal Or External)




i try to create directory in android device, i put path =  "file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/" and Name = "aaa",StorageType= Entities.StorageType.External. i run it on my android device but i got error cannot read property 'getDirectory' of null

how do i fix it ? 


is create directory same as create folder on my android device ?

deddy effendi wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

deddy effendi wrote:

i want to ask create directory first  

1. what action do you use on  RequestDirectoryFromFileSystem   ?

2.  can you show me detail of createDirectories action especially in path and storagetypeId column ? 

3. what which storage do you create, is external or internal storage ?

 i still confuse on createDirectory what path i should use if i want to create it in external / internal. thanks

 



Name:-Directory name to be created, e.g Docs
Path:-Path where the Directory will be created, e.g Files/Recent
StorageType:-Identifies the Storage type, Internal or External (this is only for Android)-from StorageType static entity (Internal Or External)




i try to create directory in android device, i put path =  "file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/" and Name = "aaa",StorageType= Entities.StorageType.External. i run it on my android device but i got error cannot read property 'getDirectory' of null

how do i fix it ? 


Try this like this "Files/Recent"

I tried on Android using OutSystems Now



Salman Ansari wrote:

I tried on Android using OutSystems Now



what should i add on message to check whether is folder is created or or not ?


deddy effendi wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

I tried on Android using OutSystems Now



what should i add on message to check whether is folder is created or or not ?


you can check if any ErrorCode is there along with Error Message


how i can get the detail of this path in my message ?

deddy effendi wrote:

how i can get the detail of this path in my message ?


in my mobile android apps message was display folder path 


but when i check in my android device, there is no folder such Download > eRecruitment 


my create directory :


how do i know where exactly the folder has created ?

deddy effendi wrote:

in my mobile android apps message was display folder path 


but when i check in my android device, there is no folder such Download > eRecruitment 


my create directory :


how do i know where exactly the folder has created ?


Can you try to write some file in that folder and then search the file from Search option in "Files" Android