Finding an element in a list and scrolling down to it without using javascript

Hi all,

I am currently making a reactive web app, what I am trying to do is find a list entry that meets the criteria of a variable and then scroll down to that entry in the list, I believe this is possible in reactive web apps without needed to use any external javascript but I am not sure how to go about it. Does anybody else have any ideas? 

Many Thanks 

Dan

Hi André,

That does not do what I am describing unfortunately, maybe if I put it into a scenario it may be easier to understand what I am trying to achieve. 

So you have a list with a button on it when you press said button it takes a FK from that list item as a variable (This FK links to another set of data) it then takes you to the page of another list and what I want it to do is find the correct list item that matches that data with the same FK from the button.

I hope that makes a bit more sense?  

Daniel Sunner wrote:

Hi André,

That does not do what I am describing unfortunately, maybe if I put it into a scenario it may be easier to understand what I am trying to achieve. 

So you have a list with a button on it when you press said button it takes a FK from that list item as a variable (This FK links to another set of data) it then takes you to the page of another list and what I want it to do is find the correct list item that matches that data with the same FK from the button.

What do you meen with "FK"?

SaxoTom wrote:

Daniel Sunner wrote:

Hi André,

What do you meen with "FK"?

Foreign Key...

Daniel Sunner wrote:

Hi André,

When you said "scroll down" I understood that you were trying to "go to" the index of the element on the page, focusing on it after some event occurs... To link data from different pages, you'll have to pass the context (via input parameter) of the previous data to the destination (since the new page is a different context and there is no link between any sources on it). So you will can use this information in some event of your screen lifecycle (OnReady, OnAfterFetch...) to implement the logic to find the correspondent list.

I don't see any other way to do this more "out-of-the-box". Maybe someone else can have a better insight.

Hope it helps.

Daniel Sunner wrote:

Hi all,

I am currently making a reactive web app, what I am trying to do is find a list entry that meets the criteria of a variable and then scroll down to that entry in the list, I believe this is possible in reactive web apps without needed to use any external javascript but I am not sure how to go about it. Does anybody else have any ideas? 

Many Thanks 

Dan

Hi Daniel,

I think you can use the variable as Input for a filter in an aggregate.
f.E., when you put an databases entity to the main flow a new site will be created with the list of this entity and a 2nd page, with the possibility to change this entity. But an the created list screen, you will find a search element. And the input of this "serach input element" will be used in a filter of the aggregate.

try it out.

When you filtered the list by your variable you can klick on these attributes wich are linked to the detail screen of the entity. In the properties of the link, you will find the parameters, which are used as "input parameter" to the destination screen of the link. (you can change the destination screen to each other screen and define a parameter from you list element row named as: "current"). [hope you understand what I mean]

Greetings from Germany

Thomas