ExcelToRecordList Problem

ExcelToRecordList Problem

Good afternoon,

I'm having an issue using the ExcelToRecordList widget.

Basicaly, i'm feeding this widget with binary content from an Entity im my application, and i always get the following error:

Error deflating into C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\excelfile_hqoqsfdxbdrd

What am i doing wrong, and how can i workaround tis problem?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira
Hi Paulo - and welcome to our forums.

From what I understand, there's some problem extracting the file to that folder...

Three issues come up to mind:

1 - Are you using an xls or an xlsx file? Depending on the version of the platform, xlsx might not work. Try it with an xls file and see if it works.

2 - Could it be that the operating system IIS or ASP.NET user doesn't have permission to write in that folder? (Either that, or the hard drive is full --- which seems unlikely).

3 - It could be a bug... If that's the case, the forums will not be able to help you.

Either way, could you tell us what operating system and Agile Platform version you have so that we can best troubleshoot the problem? What I would recommend, also, is that if this doesn't work, you should submit that problem to support@outsystems.com , since the work to correct that problem seems to be quite technical and thorough - unless someone has actually bumped into this previously.

Let us know how this goes.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Good afternoon Paulo,

Regarding the Excel file, it's in 97-2003 format.

Regarding versioning, Operating System is Windows Server 2003 (i'll have to check the current SP level), and Outsystems Platform is

At the moment, i'm unable to check the permissions you mentioned, but i'll post the result of my findings as soon as i have further information.

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira

Did you ever solve this problem ? I just had the same, but when i take the excel, use Save As .. and save it as 97-2007 format (it was already this format .. so format shouldn't matter) it did work withouth a problem, maybe empty lines are a problem.

First of all, i should have posted something regarding this problem earlier. For that, my appologies.

As for this problem, i discovered the Excel file i was working with had external references to other Excel files. I simply deleted those references (they were nor important for the data i wanted to import to Outsystems), re-imported the file, and it worked like a charm.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Paulo Moreira