Any timeline for the Catalina availability? or will it be available for Linux?

I am trying to test the OutSystem application IDE, but it fails in Catalina as that is not yet working. Is it possible to run the Windows version in Linux, or do you have a timeline for the Catalina version to be released?

Hello Chuck

On this thread was said that you need to wait a few more days.

Hi Chuck, 

The Early access for catalina is scheduled for the end of Q2, 2020. No known timeline for the General Availibility.

--

Swatantra

Thanks Nuno Reis and Swatantra Kumar, appreciate the quick turnaround. Will test it with Codeweavers (Wine) and in a VM with Windows as well in the meantime. Hard to go back in Mac and making an older VM of Mac is a real pain (can take a bit, it's possible, just not easy). Interested to see how it works for design ideation an RP.

Hi Chuck,

you may not to need to resort to Wine/CodeWeavers directly: one of the last posts on the topic Nuno linked to mentions there’s a new version (still the Wine-based) coming out this week.

I can tell you a VM running Windows works perfectly, and it’s my default way of running the development environment. I’m looking forward to get my hands on the .NET Core version that it’s currently in the works though...

Hi Chuck,

As Jorge mentioned and as I stated on my post, we are delivering until the end of this week a version (based on Wine) that can be installed on Mac, with Catalina support. I will deliver this version to you.

On the other hand we’ve been working hard to rewrite the IDE for several months now, we're creating a cross-platform IDE, enabling it to run and be supported natively on Mac. An Early Access Program will be available, let me know if you wish to know more about this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tércio

Hi Tercio Soares,

I would definitely be interested in the Early Access Program. Please do let me know when that is available.

And thank you Jorge Martins as well!

Sincerely,

Chuck

Chuck Talk wrote:

Hi Tercio Soares,

I would definitely be interested in the Early Access Program. Please do let me know when that is available.

Sincerely,

Chuck

Hi Chuck.

Unfortunately the release of this solution is taking longer than initially expected, but next week we'll update the Mac version with Catalina support and deliver it to you.

Thanks for the interest on the EAP, I'll direct message you to follow up on that.

I'll keep you posted.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tércio

Tércio Soares wrote:

Chuck Talk wrote:

Hi Tercio Soares,

Sincerely,

Chuck

Hi Chuck.

Unfortunately the release of this solution is taking longer than initially expected, but next week we'll update the Mac version with Catalina support and deliver it to you.

Thanks for the interest on the EAP, I'll direct message you to follow up on that.

I'll keep you posted.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tércio

Thanks Tercio, 

Looking forward to the release of EAP. Know that these things take time ;)

Chuck

Hi Chuck.

Just sent you a message describing how to get the version (based on Wine) that can be installed on Mac, with Catalina support.

I'll contact you afterwards following the EAP threath.

Regards,

Tércio