sending a message to microsoft teams chat or channel from OutSystems?

Anyone found a way to send a message either through chat or on a channel in microsoft teams from OutSystems?

Hi Jason,

Can you be more explicit on what you're trying to do?
Otherwise, it will be less likely for you to get an answer.

Best regards,

RG

Ruben Goncalves wrote:

Hi Jason,

Can you be more explicit on what you're trying to do?
Otherwise, it will be less likely for you to get an answer.

Best regards,

RG

Basically from an event in OutSystems we wanted to add a message to a team channel in microsoft teams.  I actually got it working however teams doesn't support mentioning a specific person in the message which makes it just about useless for what we wanted the end goal to be.  


Sorry to hear. Have you thought about using a bot to do exactly that? It appears to be able to achieve what you want, at the first glance, but haven't done that.

Ruben Goncalves wrote:

Sorry to hear. Have you thought about using a bot to do exactly that? It appears to be able to achieve what you want, at the first glance, but haven't done that.

I am not familiar with bots within Teams - is there a way to pass a message to a bot in the same way you do for a channel using a webhook or any other method from OS via REST call?


J. wrote:

Have you looked at

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/channel?view=graph-rest-beta

Yep - I used that information for adding a message directly to the channel  - I don't see anything on there about making a message for a bot to pass on to a channel/person.  The issue as stated above is that for those messages - at least as shown in that link for adding a message to a channel - won't accept @name mentions.


Solution

Hi Jason,

A quick search online dug up this blog post. It relies on the chatMessageMention resources and seems they achieved exactly what you need (check the last section  "Adding: User mention", please check and see if you can apply their solution to your scenario.

Hope it helps!

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Jason,

A quick search online dug up this blog post. It relies on the chatMessageMention resources and seems they achieved exactly what you need (check the last section  "Adding: User mention", please check and see if you can apply their solution to your scenario.

Hope it helps!

Jorge - I think its going to take some work but thank you!  That looks like exactly what I want to do.


Btw, it's out of beta, so it's pretty clear what you can and cannot do at the moment :)